Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Opening Weekend Series Thread: GWU vs FAU Feb 16-18, 2018

Add topic

MLBBoca said

A little bit more info on GW: Saturday's starter, Raimo, was a 2nd Team Eastern Region All-American last year with a 3.20 ERA, .216 BAA and 73 K. Sunday's starter, Woods, was a JUCO All Regionals 1st team (Texas), with a 2.03 ERA and 88 K. GW is not a slouch, again last year putting up another 30+ win season for the 2nd time in 3 years. Coach Ritchie came in a few years ago, and has done a good job at turning that program around, just as he was instrumental in turning the Pirates around when he was their hitting coach and before that their minor league hitting coordinator. Don't be surprised if he has GW in the NCAA tournament in the next couple years. They may not yet be a great team, but they are a good team.
Posted On: Feb 19th 2018, 11:14 AM #377277

Good post MLB! And the bats always come around later now that they are facing live game situation pitching.

Another little side note on GW, an alum of theirs will be driving a USA women's bobsled on Tuesday, ELANA MEYERS TURNER played fast pitch softball for GW and played with and against my daughter in travel fast pitch back in their HS days in Georgia! GO USA!!!!
Back to the top

I actually followed GW the past few seasons as one of Atlantic HS players played up till last season. Not a bad group. And MLB, Saturdays pitcher is tough. But over all we are still looked shaky at the plate. I was anticipating more bats. But again…it's so early.
Back to the top

MLBBoca said

A little bit more info on GW: Saturday's starter, Raimo, was a 2nd Team Eastern Region All-American last year with a 3.20 ERA, .216 BAA and 73 K. Sunday's starter, Woods, was a JUCO All Regionals 1st team (Texas), with a 2.03 ERA and 88 K. GW is not a slouch, again last year putting up another 30+ win season for the 2nd time in 3 years. Coach Ritchie came in a few years ago, and has done a good job at turning that program around, just as he was instrumental in turning the Pirates around when he was their hitting coach and before that their minor league hitting coordinator. Don't be surprised if he has GW in the NCAA tournament in the next couple years. They may not yet be a great team, but they are a good team.
Posted On: Feb 19th 2018, 11:14 AM #377277

Ehhhhhhhh.  I'll give them good northeastern team lol.  Swap out schedules and both teams would probably have drastically different records and stats.  But that's just my opinion.  Not a Jab what so ever Mlb, just some friendly baseball argumentative opinions lol.  Always enjoy and look forward to your input on here come baseball season.  
Back to the top
Control functions: