Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OPENING WEEKEND SERIES THREAD: Cincinnati @ FAU - Feb. 15th-17th, 2019

Add topic

BJ Murray did something in the 3rd inning Friday we haven't seen since Nick DelGuidice did it back in 2010. With 2 out, Murray was on 3B when Morgensen lined a 2-RBI double down the LF line. Later in the inning, with Alvarez on 1B, Murray crushed a 2-run homer to right. Just as DelGuidice did in 2010, Murray scored twice in the same inning after two were out.

On Saturday, the most interesting stat may have been how busy Sandberg kept Lambert at 1B. In the first three innings, Lambert had 8 of the 9 putouts.

On Sunday, Coletti struck out exactly one third of the batters he faced and a bit over 70% of his pitches were strikes.

The team OPS is .827 with a .387 OBP. FAU pitchers limited the opponent OBP to a mere .285. The pitching staff as a whole put up very good closer-like stats with a 1.17 WHIP, .189 BA, and 1.86 ERA.
Back to the top

I knew it was a good weekend. But seeing the numbers proves it. Thanks. What I liked was the  fact that the whole line up contributed.
Back to the top

MLBBoca always coming in clutch with the good stuff! Should be a fun year, especially if the pitching continues to play well. I was apprehensive about Ruff getting the Sunday start, but he threw all the right stuff.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

For ruffs first weekend start, pretty darn good. We are going to score a lot this year. Five or six out of the starters should produce a lot if wins.
Back to the top

I'm going to keep my excitement tamed for one more week.  In all reality UC is a middle of the pack to bottom half AAC team this year playing with a new head coach and a huge turnover on their roster, like half their team turnover.  Go 2-2 with a close game against UM and a series win against Illinoise or better yet 3-1 and I'll feel little more confident on the outlook of this years team.  1 or 2 offensive productive innings per game is a little worrisome, especially all with 2 outs.  Series could have easily gone the other way against a so so team.  But hey that's baseball.  
Back to the top
Control functions: