Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls 2007 First-Year Player Draft Watch

Add topic

Dont forget Mike McBryde (fifth round) left last year as a junior after being injured all season. He absolutely would have been taken higher this season if he had stuck around another year. Without actually sitting down with each individual player, it's hard to predict what they're going to do.

It's so much hearsay and speculation, it's really all just a crap shoot. But it guess these are the topics that drive message boards and sports talk radio.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

with all due respect to you both, but i completely disagree…

im not so strong on the whole draft thing…i am more concerend with a MAJOR upgrade to the pitching staff…whether Storey stays or not, we need that…….
Back to the top

yea… i love the draft, love MLB and my beloved red sox, and obviously also fau baseball… so the draft is just as big for me as is fau baseball… with that, i agree our rotation next year needs an upgrade, which is difficult to completely break down - because individually i like all our starting pitchers (O.B., schmal, storey, cooney, etc), but collectively our pitching did seem to be our downfall

i hope storey does stay (which i honestly see him doing) and having a monster senior season… again, as has been pointed out on this board numerous times, we don't know exactly what happened to him… cooney has done a great job of keeping that on hush… but barring anything career-implications serious, i se him having a MONSTER senior season next year, as he was on track to do this year

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/053107aaa.html

under the Draft-and-Follow policy of MLB, salberg signed with Baltimore Orioles after being drafted by them in 2006… so Salberg is an oriole

Back to the top

11 (339) Robbie Widlansky - Baltimore
20 (610) Daniel Cook - Washington
22 (692) Mickey Storey - Minnesota
29 (880) Justin Phillabaum - Washington
30 (909) Brandon Cooney - Baltimore

cooney was a senior, so obviously he's gone… he and widdie will now be teammates it seems in Bluefield, WV for the Rookie-A Bluefield Orioles…

20th round for storey is low… he needs to come back and have a monster season, if he's smart he will

Back to the top
Control functions: