Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

REGIONAL THREAD: Gainesville, FL June 1st - 4th, 2018

Add topic

Close but no cigar for FAU. The season ends with a 43-19-1 record.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

OC, don't get angry. We are 43-19-1.  We forced an elimination game against Florida and lost 5-2. The problem is year after year we are in a regional with the #1 team in the country. It's not the coach or the team. It's our location.   The expectations of FAU baseball are proof we are still the best program on campus. It's ok to split a series with last year's national champ and current #1 team. FAU needs to relocate to the North East. ( or build a facility that can host our own regional , like Stetson did)
Back to the top

No i am fuming.

Tired of being a dollar shirt and a day late.

Our top players always seem to come up short in these games.
Frank went something like 0-8 yesterday. Miranda and Gunner missed two major chances with runners on. 
I’ve been watching our top guys ground out with 2 men on down 1-3 for a decade. 

It’s tough to see Stetson and Tennessee Tech advance and we can’t come through 1-2 times in the last 10 regionals we have been to.
Back to the top

Sorry to see we lost the last game to a No.1 UF AT UF. GREAT season Owl Baseball - keep building and thanks to all for their effort all season long!
Back to the top

It would be nice to be placed in the Tally regional just once.
Back to the top

But take a look at schools like Georgia, Mississippi who have top talent and lost to schools like Duke, and Tennessee Tech. It is not just talent that plays a role into it. Baseball is a fickle game. You can play a double header one day and take game one, and run into a very tough pitcher the next game. That is what happen here. We got to the starter early, but he settled down very quickly and shut us down to allow that very good bullpen to come in and close it out. That is why it pays to win the first game in a regional, to allow our guys the rest. But that is a moot point now. They left their hearts out on the field and deserve to be applauded for the season they had.
Back to the top

For sure USMC - underdogs HAVE to win game one of the tourney- the losers bracket is a TOUGH ROAD - ya seldom win from there! But still - CONGRATS TO OUR OWLS!
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

It would be nice to be placed in the Tally regional just once.
Posted On: Jun 5th 2018, 8:08 AM #378749
Or, this year, Stetson, geographically closer than Gainesville (and NOT ranked No. 1 in the Country!!!)
Back to the top

Baseball is a weird game yet we never even get lucky in these games.

Something has to change.

McCormick hits all the right buttons as well and it always seems some of his players don’t come through.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Baseball is a weird game yet we never even get lucky in these games.

Something has to change.

McCormick hits all the right buttons as well and it always seems some of his players don’t come through.
Posted On: Jun 5th 2018, 8:33 AM #378754

That is sports, and even as good as our teams are, we DON'T get the highest rated recruits, Tyler Frank a perfect example, under the radar player in HS who turns out to be very good.

My issue is we ALWAYS seem to get the bad draws to the highest rated team possible. THAT is odd to me.

As far as not hosting a regional, what is the deal with Stetson getting one then? Been there and don't think their stadium is all that great IMHO - not bad and not on campus but….

Melching Field at Conrad Park - Stetson University
Back to the top
Control functions: