Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Series Thread: #25 Old Dominion vs FAU - May 18th - 20th, 2017

Add topic

Kerr drives in Shouppe for the second time today and the Owls do in fact get an insurance run.

Miednik now out for his 8th inning of action.

ODU 0  FAU 3

Top 8th
Back to the top

The Monarchs connect for a single, but a double play ends the side.

ODU 0  FAU 3

Bot 8th
Back to the top

The Monarchs return to Klak, who closed out last night's contest. They have used six pitchers now for the day.
Back to the top

Labsan grounds out to end the Owl side.

Miednik will give way to Cameron Ragsdale.

He struggled the last two outings, lets see if the third time is a charm.

ODU 0  FAU 3

Top 9th

Back to the top

Miednik's final line: 8IP, 6H, 0R, 0BB, 5K.
Back to the top

The Owls get it done, and take the series from the Monarchs while notching their 2nd shutout on the year. Florida Atlantic finishes the regular season at 33-19-1, and 18-12 in C-USA.

“(Miednik) was awesome,” said Head Coach John McCormack. “His breaking ball was working, his fastball was back up to 91, he was awesome. I’m proud of him. He was able to keep himself in check, and did a really nice job. It was a big ‘W’ for us, it gets us another win on the year and gets us into the three-hole (at the C-USA Championships), which gets us home field first game. This was big. After last night, I told the team, what happened was bad, but it’s how you come out the next day. We had a beautiful Senior Day, military appreciation, it was just a wonderful day.”

They will be the third seed in the upcoming tournament Wednesday and will face the 6th seed at 10:00 AM EST.

Back to the top

Rick said

The Owls get it done, and take the series from the Monarchs while notching their 2nd shutout on the year. Florida Atlantic finishes the regular season at 33-19-1, and 18-12 in C-USA.

They will be the third seed in the upcoming tournament Wednesday and will face the 6th seed at 10:00 AM EST.

Posted On: May 20th 2017, 3:56 PM #368878

Thinking we have to win the tourney to get into the big tourney. 

Back to the top

Battle of the Owls part two.
Back to the top

Meidnik !!! Great job.
Back to the top

I want to recognize a player that quietly had an absolute great year. Austin Langham had the kind of season players dream of. 342 batting average and a solid defender at third. No body spoke about him all season. But I noticed and he deserves a shout out.
Back to the top
Control functions: