Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Series Thread: FAU vs North Carolina

Add topic

Here are some links for this afternoon's game:

Gametracker: FAU vs North Carolina, Sun. 12:00pm

Radio Broadcast: FAU vs North Carolina, Sun 11:45pm
You might need to download QuickTime (free) to listen.

Owl Radio: FAU vs North Carolina, Sun. 12:00pm

Back to the top

Re: Series Thread: FAU vs North Carolina

I meant to post this earlier, since I didn't posted it on the main site, I am still experimenting on different formats for my news feeds.

UNC baseball faces challenge

Back to the top

what's the score?
Back to the top

Looks like a good crowd last night of 1,658, I had to miss he game  >:( I cut my hand late in the day & had to get it taken care of.

Final Score: UNC 7 FAU 1

For the Tar Heels: Dustin Ackley went 4-4 with 2 hr
For FAU: Storey pitched 5 innings allowing three runs on four hits & 2 runs.  Fau did get 9 hits on the night, with Nick Arata collecting 2 of those, going 4-2 for the night, with Travis Ozga mirroring those numbers, with Daniel cook going 5-2.

This afternoons game is at 4:00pm.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Series Thread: FAU vs North Carolina

Two long shots after Mickey left were the difference. A 3-run HR and a 2-run HR.  Our bats were flat. We left runners on the corner in the first inning and stranded a leadoff double in the 3rd or 4th.

The bottom of our order really concerns me, hope Cooney is just trying to feel out a few guys.

I hope we bounce back today, even though we are facing their ace who was 12-0 last year.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

How was the game with the band, dance team and cheerleaders there? Was it honestly that bad?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

How was the game with the band, dance team and cheerleaders there? Was it honestly that bad?

Yes. I was embarassed.  We had dancers dancing in front UNC fans, while ignoring our side of the stands, I heard players making comments about the band on the field.

I don't mean to offend anyone on the band or the dance team, but those don't belong at the baseball game.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Please tell me that was a one time deal
Back to the top

ummmm we have to you this was a one time deal. This was something thought up by athletics. If you thought it was soooooooooooo horrible then e-mail them about it. From what I saw the dance team was infront of the UNC fans because the cheerleaders were on the other side of the stands in front of the FAU fans. The band was on the third base line and the fans over there didnt seem to have a problem with us. They were cheering during the fight song and "lets go owls".

AEA
Back to the top
Control functions: