Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU vs. WKU - April 19th-21st, 2019

Add topic

Both sides tack on a run before the FAU stretches their lead to three in the eighth.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

OWLS WIN!

Game One goes our way thanks to a solid day with that bats. Game Two SHOULD get underway at 4:15.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

The Owls fell to Western Kentucky 11-4 in the second game of their weekend road series.

The Hilltoppers (18-18-1, 9-7-1 C-USA) loaded the bases with two outs in the second, and a full-count walk forced in a run, followed by a two-run single and three-run home run.

Twice, the Owls (26-12, 13-4 C-USA) cut it to five, but a three-run eighth by WKU pretty much sealed it. Late-inning FAU runs came courtesy of a Pages single in the seventh, and a Joe Montes home run leading off the eighth.

“Anytime you play the second game of a doubleheader, it’s not easy", said Coach John McCormack. "We gave up the six-spot in the bottom of the second, and we were never really able to get back in the game."

"We had some opportunities, but credit to WKU, whenever we had something going, they made some big pitches, made some good plays in the field. It wasn’t our finest day, but we have Sunday to win the series.”

Turning in a quality relief outing was Eric Keating, who tossed three innings with just one unearned run come in against him while striking out four batters.

Nick Swan pitched a 1-2-3 eighth, the only clean frame in the game for Owls’ pitching, on three consecutive lineouts.

Offensively, Richie Nizza added his second two-hit game of the day, scoring twice, and notched his second two-out RBI as well. He was 4-for-7 over the course of the two games Saturday.

With the weather now out of the way, FAU will look to take the series on Sunday. First pitch is slated for 2:00 PM.
Back to the top

This is why I hate friday rain outs. I've seen so many saturday splits over the years. Kids just can't seem to play at a high level for 18 innings in one day. Cant do anything but win on sunday.  This was a big loss.
Back to the top

We got a split series in Bowling Green! Today the Owls will look to secure the series win after last night's loss to the Hilltoppers. Let's go Owls!

Back to the top

FAU is trailing 2-0 after the 1st inning. They had a great opportunity in the top of the inning with a bases loaded, 1 out situation, but just couldn't take advantage of it. The Owls were shutdown on an infield fly and a fly-out to right.

Back to the top

The Owls are on the board!! A solo home run from Bobby Morgensen will bring the Owls their first run of this game, let's keep this energy going!

Back to the top

Another solo shot will put another on the board in the 4th, but the Owls had more missed opportunities this inning leaving 2 men on base. That seems to be the theme of today's game. These guys really need to take advantage of these situations, it feels like this is happening an awful lot.

Back to the top

A nice little rally here for the Owls scoring 4 unanswered runs! Let's keep it up!

Back to the top

Sandy makes his first relief appearance this season in the bottom of the 8th to bridge the gap between Coletti and presumably Schneider. The Owls also scored 2 more this inning with a pair of RBI's from Mitch Hartigan and Wilfredo Alvarez, extending their lead.

Back to the top
Control functions: