Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU @ UTSA - Mar 07-09, 2013

Add topic

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

One is better than none. I want to see Gomber start dominating the opening game like he is capable of doing. Our relievers need a little play room in case of a mistake. Lets get home , regroup , and put a winning streak together. Go Owls !
Back to the top

every team has a series where it struggles, but this team has shown it can bounce back.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

One is better than none. I want to see Gomber start dominating the opening game like he is capable of doing. Our relievers need a little play room in case of a mistake. Lets get home , regroup , and put a winning streak together. Go Owls !
Posted On: Mar 8th 2014, 8:49 PM #329609

Three or so plays taken away, we could have won the series…but expectations are always high for FAU Baseball.

We are missing the power (Keller, Nelson) and consistency (Pittman, Morales) of 2013's roster - that's the biggest difference so far this season, IMHO.

Not taking anything away from this year's Team though. Young in some areas, but as has always been the case, talent develops quickly.

Maine should be a nice tune up before  taking La. Tech to the woodshed!

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Agreed on both points. Before the season started , I felt two guys would supply consistent power and a couple more had it.  It hasn't been there yet. Defensive consistency will be there with time. These guys are truly young. Coach is figuring out how to win based on his pitching. Even the loses weren't terrible pitching performances. The key to us winning is scoring early. Put up five or so runs . And let the pitching staff do there thing. It is difficult to win in college baseball scoring four or less runs. That takes a great pitching performance. Hopefully, as the season progresses, the power will show up.
Back to the top
Control functions: