Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: UConn vs FAU - Feb 13th - 15th, 2015

Add topic

Local Owl said

Dear Guest. You will have to trust me on this one. The box score said 503. Everyone , including some very important people with the baseball program were laughing  at that number and wanted to know how they came up with it. 1500 may have been an over estimate , but 1200 would not be. Reguardless of the number, I stick with my comments about the football, basketball and baseball programs. And I would rather turn you off, then turn you on. I have been around FAU since 1980. We were a baseball school in the 80's and still today, it is the only sport where we have had continued success. 28-25 was a very bad year for the program. But if you were a fan, you would have known the struggles Coach Mac had with injury after injury. Please remember, I am also a supporter of all the programs at FAU.  I just find the FAU baseball facilities to be horrible. Great playing field ! Terrible everything else. Take some time and visit other schools facilities. You will agree with me once you do. Enjoy.
Posted On: Feb 15th 2015, 7:26 PM #342338

Have to agree with Local owl on this one. except for a couple schools in conference USA, our baseball field is like the older stadiums of major league baseball. Yet looking at the price  for most renovations or update stadiums, the cost ranges between 4 million to 15 million dollars for the modern day upgrades. A lot of questions would be asked by athletics? Where do you get the funding, who will sponsor it, location of diving and swimming facilities, and the locker rooms associated with it. As much as I want a new stadium for the baseball team who deserves it, I think the athletic needs to be built so the Oxley can either move or be used by other sports so the department can free up some much need space for other projects.
Back to the top

How is saying baseball is FAU's best program = talking smack about our football & basketball programs?
Back to the top

Jack David Whidden III said

How is saying FAU's best program = talking smack about our football & basketball programs?
Posted On: Feb 15th 2015, 8:55 PM #342343

That was my point. I said local owl wasn't bashing the football or basketball programs. he was just saying what every owl fan of the baseball program has been saying for years. Baseball deserves a newer facility as much as the athletic center will benefit all sports.
Back to the top

Thank you USMCOwl for getting my point.I know the answer to the financial issues would be to build a profitable football program. I am willing to let the school do what they need to do to get there. If I were in charge I would be on the same path. Most Universities put baseball down the list of importance . I know that. All I'm saying is eventually the school needs to address this. Coach Mac, the players and the fans have been very understanding for a lot of years. I know that if it were possible FAU would build a new facility today. I would rather them wait and build when they don't have to skimp. I just hope the football program advances at the rate planned by the administration.
Back to the top
Control functions: