Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Winning Streak?

Add topic

Looks as if the basketball team is starting to preform like it should have all along - can they make a run at the A-Sun tourny?
Back to the top

Winning Streak?

Winning Streak?

Its so wide open this year. We have a number of guys that can be playing in top 50 programs (and have actually) if they can mold together for the next month we can get to the tournament. Its strictly the coaching. Will see what Sidney can do. Green, I hope you make me eat my words and apologize.
Back to the top

Winning Streak?

I was one of about 3 visible FAU fans at the game on Thursday night and I must say I was pleasantly suprised. Our defense was great, pressing them on every inbound was a great strategy in the 2nd half. Pierre Tucker was the sparkplug early on in the 2nd half and Mike Bell was a constant force throughout the game, he started off the game with an NBA three, pretty good for 6'9. McTyer basicallly took over the game the final 15 mins, we milked him for about 15min, having him take it to the hoop every time down the court, he either got a foul or scored. It was pretty impressive for a freshman. He had about 5 TO's inthe 1st half so it was good to see him come back from that. I was impreesed by the underclassmen on the team and I think it bodes well for the future, hopefully without Sidney. I liked how we run up the score also at the end with Bish getting the 3 that made it 100 points.
After this game i know we can win the A-Sun, actually any team could win it, there is no favorite. With our defense I think it will push us over the top. i was in Greenville in 02 and i hope to go to the tourny again in 05. Jacksonville has a gym that is a lot worse than FAU's, not even up to high school standards really.
Owl Fan in Jax
Back to the top

Winning Streak?

FAU is definitly the most talented team in the A-sun, its just a matter of sidney getting out of the way.
Back to the top
Control functions: