Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

#1 Ranked JUCO C Zack Bennett Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

#1 Ranked JUCO C Zack Bennett Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Zack Bennett
C
6-3, 280 lbs
Meridian, ID
Arizona Western CC

Also held a reported offer from Washington State. Was a 5-A first-team All-Idaho selection in 2015 at which time he gained reported offers from Iowa and Nebraska but ultimately did not qualify for those schools and eventually enrolled at Arizona Western.

"I chose FAU because it puts me in the best position to go to the NFL, and play for a coaching staff that has a ton of NFL experience", said Bennett of his decision. "Also, I believe FAU could compete for a BCS bowl soon."

Back to the top

"I chose FAU because it puts me in the best position to go to the NFL“

What an endorsement!!!! 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

HUUUUGE commit. Filling the most important void on the O line with a guy as good as Zach will make all the difference. Now we need to get Coach Justice back in his office.
Back to the top

Welcome to FAU Zack - NOW GET THOSE GRADES,  without that nothing matters!!!!!
Back to the top

Awesome pick up! Just out of curiosity, where is he listed as the #1 JUCO center?
Back to the top

Ballsy of him to commit without having  a coach  to talk to. I would imagine having a vacancy at a position coach would hinder recruiting.
Back to the top

Nice hit! As someone who never worried about our "decimated" OL (never mind that we have 2 returning starters, one of whom is first team all conference), this should be the nail in the coffin to any Prediction of forthcoming ineptitude. It seems like we have returning players, who are huge by the way, to take the other 2 OL spots. So even if Bennett starts right away, he'll be starting alongside 4 OL who've been in our system a while.
Back to the top

But still no coach. What's the hold up? One of last year's best coaches is available and Kiffen isn't making the move to bring him back. ???
Back to the top

Local Owl said

But still no coach. What's the hold up? One of last year's best coaches is available and Kiffen isn't making the move to bring him back. ???
Posted On: Jan 21st 2018, 7:23 AM #376538
Sorry Local Owl, this isn't directed just at you and I know it's off topic, but it's just something that I see a lot and it annoys me…

The name is Kiffin…there is no E in it.  We should have that auto-correct on here!    :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jan 21st 2018, 7:23 AM #376538

Could be a lot of things. Maybe Justice is getting some interest for other jobs, or they have to word a contract a certain way so that Arizona has to pay him his salary, and FAU not so much. 

Back to the top
Control functions: