Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

#1 Ranked JUCO C Zack Bennett Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

Rick said

Then don't even put it up…it hurts us.

There is nothing scientific about 247. Not impressed…

The only reason to care is that they influence athletes.
Posted On: Feb 10th 2018, 2:05 PM #377092

Well, still better than a NotRated ZERO ranking he had! It does put a few points on the tally sheet. Rivals shows how the team scores are arrived at. Both he and Emmons got screwed with their late ratings but still better than ZEROS!!! As I said Emmons basically a low 3 or high 2 star not a high 3 (MINIMUM) or even 4 star rating like the FIU JUCOS got! NONE of our former Power 5 connected recruits got 4 stars!!!! NONE!!!!

Oh well, just gotta kick their butts on the field again!!!!
Posted On: Feb 10th 2018, 2:22 PM #377093

ESPN has both Nelson and Cameron as 4s ahead of both of FIUs who I think they gave 3s (or maybe one got a 4). FIU got two monsters regardless, as did we (including Southall).
Back to the top

For some reason, the local HS coaches love Butch Davis. FIU had a good class. But even though they have a transfer QB, it is still a weak spot for them.  
Back to the top

Who is their transfer qb?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

For some reason, the local HS coaches love Butch Davis. FIU had a good class. But even though they have a transfer QB, it is still a weak spot for them.  
Posted On: Feb 10th 2018, 3:26 PM #377099

He is older and more traditional than Lane but he also got caught up in some SERIOUS cheating while up at NC!
Back to the top

Never mind, I found this on him;

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/florida-international-university/article196645899.html

Not great, NOT impressed in the ;east - and cannot run!!!! Have to agree the position is still a VERY serious issue for them!
Back to the top

Thanks for finding it. I couldn't remember where he came from. I was thinking Purdue or U Miami, Ohio, somewhere up there. We have three QB's that they would love to have. As for Butch, I recently was told by a local HS person that Lane has "baggage". I said, "what about Davis. He's no chiore boy". No response. Like they know nothing of his past. Lane is just way more known . Everyone seems to know his information or misinformation. (ps…I have no idea how to spell chiore, cyiore, chyor….you know , the people that sing at church)
Back to the top

chOIr. Now that's just not right.
Back to the top

Lane no choirboy but no CHEATER like Butch either, almost took NC down with him back then! A HUGE REASON he did not Coach at all for MANY YEARS!!!!
Back to the top

Whatever the ranking is for this stud Bennett, it's not high enough. Watching video and hearing him talk, this guy has 4-5 star written all over him. I'm so psyched to have him and the Tulane grad transfer Diaz for that matter. I just love that he talked about FAU being close to going to a major bowl and exploding onto the national scene. And that our school gives him the best chance to go to the NFL.  
Back to the top
Control functions: