Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

4* JUCO DL Charles Cameron Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

4* JUCO DL Charles Cameron Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Physical lineman who chose the Owls over Louisville, Colorado, Colorado State, San Diego State, UAB, Southern Miss, and many others.

Pledged to FAU via twitter on December 13th just after his graduation, which Coach Kiffin and Trickett both attended.

Registered 48 total tackles, 4 sacks, and a fumble recovery for Copiah-Lincoln this season, which was his second at the JUCO.
Back to the top

Welcome Charles, ya made a great choice. I for one am VERY glad to see the emphasis on the quality D line commitments! And great to see you already are graduating, see you on campus this spring!!!

Control the trenches and control the game! And with O D becoming so explosive, ya need LOTS of D line depth to rest 'em and keep 'em fresh and effective!
Back to the top

Welcome to FAU Charles. I'm sure coach Mathias is very happy.  Our D looks to have great potential next season. Again , the only area in question is the O line. Would love to see 1 or two JUCO's plus a high schooler for the future. Need the depth.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Welcome to FAU Charles. I'm sure coach Mathias is very happy.  Our D looks to have great potential next season. Again , the only area in question is the O line. Would love to see 1 or two JUCO's plus a high schooler for the future. Need the depth.
Posted On: Dec 13th 2017, 5:18 PM #375284

We do have 11 or 12 returning OL. I know between another off season of Coach Love and then what Coach Justice teaches we will be good. And I am sure a minimum of 2 or 3 additional quality OL will be here by then as well!
Back to the top

I love all the highly-thought of JUCOs, and I suspect with this new "early" signing period that G5 programs aren't going to sign a bunch of high school players and we will see some more of these through next Wednesday, but I'd like to see some young 'uns being brought in to set the program up long term.  No doubt we are being built to be really good the next 2 seasons, but it will be interesting to see how many high schoolers we still have spots for when the "normal" signing day comes around.

Regardless, this looks to be a stud and a little bit of a pipeline out of Copiah-Lincoln.  Now we know why Kiffin has been so quiet - he didn't want people to know where he was.
Back to the top

Never heard of a head coach attending a graduation of a recruit. Impressive strategy,

Still can't get over these 4 star players committing to us. Wanted that forever.

Slightly frustrating thing is that once they go to JUCO, they lose that rating, so even after they commit to us it doesn't show that we're landing these (once) highly sought-after guys. Doesn't matter; we still end up with one of the best classes in CUSA anyway, but it would be nice to get that national attention.
Back to the top

Cameron is leaving?

(Cameron via twitter)
Back to the top

Maybe that's fine. Maybe that's why? DT & DE seem just fine for the year (and next).
Back to the top

Or maybe it's another thing. Best of luck.
Back to the top

Where is the news on Cameron leaving?
Back to the top
Control functions: