Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

4* JUCO DL Charles Cameron Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

Where is the news on Cameron leaving?
Posted On: Aug 15th 2018, 7:01 AM #379416

Twitter.

This is why I hate JUCO all this kids have so many issues. We have lost 3 JUCO commits from leaving or just not making it. These kids all have Major issues.
It will not hurt us this year as much in the future because now our class of 2018 is down to just 14 guys which will leave a team very young in a couple years. It's why Charlie was always starting Fr. and Sophomores because the gaps were huge that were left by only half of Pelinis classes making an impact.

We are deep at DT and Legget and Will Davis will start with Kevin and Southhall rotating behind them as Ellis catches up.  
Back to the top

A couple factors which are at play here…injury, and the pace of the strength and conditioning…

Also, although not saying it had a factor is the move, Cameron was the only guy to enroll early, and took classes in the Spring and Summer.

Coach will not be at post practice today, but will be tomorrow. In any event, someone will surely connect the dots officially in short order it would seem.

Back to the top

Here is a story;

faufocus.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/08/15/florida-atlantic-
defensive-tackle-charles-cameron-leaves-program-will-not-play
-for-owls-in-2018/

But NO answers. Not a good move Charles - rethink it and come back!
Back to the top

I just provided the answers…

:) 
Back to the top

Well dang.  I was looking forward to us finally having the luxury of being overloaded at DT.  
Back to the top

Still good there but ya hate to lose depth at the minimum, and I thought he was doing very well too!
Back to the top

FAU is making a push to keep Cameron… This isn't over yet but still could be…heres to hoping he bounces off the wall and realizes camp is almost over and the best is yet to come. 

:) 
Back to the top

Camp sucks. Games are a breeze compared to camp. That's why every coach in America does what they do. (If that has anything to do with him leaving)
Back to the top

Has nothing to do with it at all, I just made the whole thing up.

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Suddenly our stellar 2018 recruiting class doesn't look as stellar – at the very least it has a lost a lot of luster. Besides Southall and Dotson, we whiffed on 3 of our top (JUCO) recruits – 4 altogether when you consider Woods never made it to campus. We are good, but going strong on JUCOs can be hit or miss. This year there have been a lot of misses. It is what it is.

I did wonder about Cameron a bit when Nelson left. They were teammates in JUCO and Cameron made an interesting tweet (to me at least) when it was known things were going south with Nelson. Not sure if one has anything to do with the other (maybe not), but interesting nonetheless. 
Back to the top
Control functions: