Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2009 Commit List

Add topic

Re: 2009 Commit List

2009 Commit List

OWLumnis said

I thought National Signing Day was the only day as well, but visit Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com 2014 Alabama Commitments and look under some of these schools and you will find there is a section for players who already have signed. This is Tory's list of signed recruits.

SIGNED LOI Pos Stars Ht Wt 40 RR Hometown
James Brown OL ** 6-5 350 - 5.4 Summit, MS
Jason Bruce WR ** 5-10 165 4.5 5.1 Wesson, MS
Ray Carter OL ***   6-4 300 - 5.5 Garden City, KS
Immanuel Dudley DT *** 6-0 280 - 5.5 Booneville, MS
Riley Flowers DT ** 6-1 280 - 5.4 Ellisville, MS

But since Schnelly does not list them until after signing day, maybe FAY has signed recruits and no one but him knows.

These are all Juco transfers.  In other words kids who didn't qualify for D1 or were not recruited, or have "issues".  Troy loads up on them every year, which is what helps them remain competative year in and year out as the learning curve for these "more mature" players is shorter.  Howard doesn't like JUCO kids, he likes to have them in his system from day 1.  Both schools of thought have their benefits and both have proven effective.

High School seniors can not sign until National Signing Day.
Back to the top

Javier Arenas verbally committed to FAU and then dumped us for Alabama. Sure would love to have him now on kick returns !!
Back to the top

can i be committed?
Back to the top

FAUFBL said

Javier Arenas verbally committed to FAU and then dumped us for Alabama. Sure would love to have him now on kick returns !!

:o

Seriously?? i did not know that!
Back to the top

Smitty is right about signing, it commences at 7:30 AM on that designated day. As for commits Its nice to know where a kid is leaning. Schnellym, by keeping things close to the chest he keeps the parasites away to a degree. Most programs list the players to attract other players, I personnally like the surprise, keeps you from doing a ton of work on a recruit and his name gets out that he is interested and next thing you know there are four other coaches hanging out on his front porch.

Early commit just gives other schools to look at the kid and if they need him or really want him they will put a full press on him and his family. If a kid (example) like Tebow knew that is where he wanted to go and nothing was going to change his mind, no coach in America because that is what he wanted period. I know another kid personally and he had to go to a Juco and he said his dream was UF and when he finished at the Juco he picked up his scholly at UF.
Back to the top

Talon said

If a kid (example) like Tebow knew that is where he wanted to go and nothing was going to change his mind, no coach in America because that is what he wanted period. I know another kid personally and he had to go to a Juco and he said his dream was UF and when he finished at the Juco he picked up his scholly at UF.

Exactly who we want…

Those that desire to be "where their heart is"…

Hopefully, over time, we will be recognized (through success and program growth) in the dreams of these types of recruits - talent aside…
Back to the top

chanman said

Early signing period would be great, especially for non-BCS schools.
I've been following recruiting pretty close for 3 or so years and its amazing how many big programs swoop in with a last week offer and grab a commit from a non-BCS program.

And they probably ride the bench for 3 years too…
Back to the top

Story on verbal commit Winfred Strickland:

Area football players solidifying college plans

Back to the top

Just got word of a commit from Western

Tyrie Allen (not sure about spelling
RB 5-9 185

Good hands & very versitle player

Will follow up with more info llater & correct spelling

Back to the top