Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 Commit List

Add topic

Re: 2010 Commit List

2010 Commit List

Here's a vid:

Back to the top

owlcountry said

Rick said

According to a post made on his facebook page today, Curtis indicates he will "be in Boca Raton" next year…

That would be weird if we ended up with two quarterbacks again.

It would be interesting to say the least. They both need to sign the papers to make it official. I trust that Howard & co. know exactly what they're doing

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Lemming Notes: An exceptionally athletic QB with a great arm. On Film–He is an expert at throwing on the run. He shows good pocket presence and can throw the deep out with authority. He is really starting to come into his own and certainly shows big-time ability at the QB position. The Spring Valley game proved that with his 365 yards and 5 TDs and the way he managed the clock. He stays very cool under pressure and this has allowed him to pull out a few games on the last drive. He does a great job of buying time until the receivers get open. He certainly shows the arm strength to make the leap to the next level. Stats–Completed 142 of 263 passes for 2,372 yds, 23 TDs, and was picked off 7 times. He also ran for 450 yds and 11 scores. Other Sports–He batted .398 with 8 home runs in baseball. Grades–His GPA is 3.0. Benches 275.

Stephen Curtis

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

It is interesting that we have two QB's with verbals considering the limited spots available.
Back to the top

This does seem odd to be as well. We have limited spots and it is no mystery that our weakness is defense. We are stacked at quarterback. I would like to see more defensive ends, linebackers, and corners signing then offensive players.  Considering last year, they should be telling defensive recruits, "If you play well enough, you can start your first year because we absolutely sucked last year and it would be very difficult to play worse then our starters did last year." Just a thought.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Lemming Notes: An exceptionally athletic QB with a great arm. On Film–He is an expert at throwing on the run. He shows good pocket presence and can throw the deep out with authority. He is really starting to come into his own and certainly shows big-time ability at the QB position. The Spring Valley game proved that with his 365 yards and 5 TDs and the way he managed the clock. He stays very cool under pressure and this has allowed him to pull out a few games on the last drive. He does a great job of buying time until the receivers get open. He certainly shows the arm strength to make the leap to the next level. Stats–Completed 142 of 263 passes for 2,372 yds, 23 TDs, and was picked off 7 times. He also ran for 450 yds and 11 scores. Other Sports–He batted .398 with 8 home runs in baseball. Grades–His GPA is 3.0. Benches 275.

Stephen Curtis

Been informed that these are junior year stats…

Here's this year's totals:

2750 yards and 36 tds, and ran for 650 with 15 tds.

Solid.
Back to the top

Not really sure why they are going after 2 qb's.  Im sure they will both be red-shirted, and then compete against each other but….whats the need.  Im sure next year we wont even touch that position but with limited spots there isnt a reason to visit it twice this year.

They must really like both of these kids, esp. with such few scholarships to hand out this year.

On the other hand, its another solid recruit from out of the state of Florida……very impressed with that.

Back to the top

We also have to keep in mind that just because we have two verbals from QBs we won't necessarily see both sign. There is still time left in the process so who knows what will happen.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

Not really sure why they are going after 2 qb's.  Im sure they will both be red-shirted, and then compete against each other but….whats the need.  Im sure next year we wont even touch that position but with limited spots there isnt a reason to visit it twice this year.

They must really like both of these kids, esp. with such few scholarships to hand out this year.

On the other hand, its another solid recruit from out of the state of Florida……very impressed with that.

Well you can't have too many quality players, especially at the QB position. Both these guys seem like solid prospects.  If there are both willing to come in and compete, I don't have a problem with it.  Plus it seems like the coaching staff's philosophy has been to sign 2 QBs at a time and so far they've been pretty good at finding quality players at the position.  Plus, like you said anytime we can grow the program's ties outside of the state, that is a good thing. 
Back to the top

I have no issues with recruiting 2 qb's.  We didn't recruit any last year, and qb is far away the most important position on the team.  While I agree the focus should be on the defensive side of the ball, we can't neglect the offense.

I can only hope we recruit some safeties this year. 
Back to the top
Control functions: