Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 Commit List

Add topic

Re: 2010 Commit List

2010 Commit List

I would just think we would go after 1 and then 1 next year.  But if they feel that these two kids are the real deal and are going to push each other then thats great.

Although everyone is right it is just a verbal.

But I love seeing how excited kids are getting to come join on with us.
Back to the top

It seems like Doughty is more of the Rusty Smith mold, while Curtis fits the JVC mold. Like said before let's wait for them both to sign. Who knows what happens. Howard loves his QBs there was obviously something he saw about both of these kids that he really liked that he offered them both scholarships.

I know D is a need but we do have some new defensive players coming in that were RS last season so maybe they can help us this season

Cory Henry-DE

Tony Moore-LB
Randell Johnson-LB
Angrand Rockenson-LB
Tiray Dove-LB

Treon Howard-CB
Winfred Strickland-CB
Keith Reiser-CB
Terrell Bradley-CB

Karl James-DT

So they did go pretty heavy on D last year. I'm not sure which of these kids aren't going to play or didn't end up enrolling but they have a decent number of kids coming off of RS years and maybe that contributed to him wanting 2 QBs and not necessarily going after D again

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Rick said

Been informed that these are junior year stats…

Here's this year's totals:

2750 yards and 36 tds, and ran for 650 with 15 tds.

Solid.

Am I reading this right? 36 + 15 = 51 TDs this season

that's very impressive!
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Rick said

Solid.

that's very impressive!

That's what was sent over…
Back to the top

Rick said

owlcountry said

Rick said

Solid.

that's very impressive!

That's what was sent over…

This was posted in an article by theitem.com today, so going with this:

Passing: 2,617 yards and 33 TD's

Rushing: 480 yards, 13 TD's

Back to the top

I was talking to someone last semester who should be walking on this yr if that happens I think he will help our secondary a lot and probably help in the return game

Anthony Morgan - Yahoo! Sports

mind you this is from 4 yrs ago so he is bigger and faster now.
Back to the top

owlmart said

I was talking to someone last semester who should be walking on this yr if that happens I think he will help our secondary a lot and probably help in the return game

Why is this guy walking on 4 years after high school after being recruited by BCS schools out of high school? What happened that he didn't play then?

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

owlmart said

Why is this guy walking on 4 years after high school after being recruited by BCS schools out of high school? What happened that he didn't play then?

GO OWLS!!!
LOL you seem upset?

JUCO route I believe; didnt have the grades he played football for whatever school he went to and he came to FAU last fall he said he has two yrs of eligibility left with the wind he says he runs a 4.43 and can return punts I think he will be a great addition and a much needed upgrade
Back to the top

Hope he makes it to play again. We can use all the fast atheletes we can get and recruited by the big boys too! Cool!!
Back to the top

owlmart said

owlfan1 said

owlmart said

GO OWLS!!!
LOL you seem upset?

JUCO route I believe; didnt have the grades he played football for whatever school he went to and he came to FAU last fall he said he has two yrs of eligibility left with the wind he says he runs a 4.43 and can return punts I think he will be a great addition and a much needed upgrade

Not upset, just a strange situation. Four years out of high school and the kid should be closing out his playing career. Also, I was under the impression by your earlier post that he had four years of eligibility left since there was no mention of college experience. That is what caught me off guard. If he can play I am sure FAU will welcome him with open arms.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: