Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 Signing Day - NLI listing

Add topic

Re: 2010 Signing Day - NLI listing

2010 Signing Day - NLI listing

12 of 13 prospects officially sign on National Signing Day for FAU! Sean Watson was only casualty after receiving a later offer from Baylor.
Back to the top

NCowl said

Rick said

fauowls44 said

What time will FAU announce their full list?

4:30 PM officially…

which will PROBABLY be the same list we have now.  ::)

Yes, they just addressed the media & confirmed the list that is posted at the top.
Back to the top

Bobby said

Watsons decision to decommitt could have something to do with the fact that we picked up 2 other Dt's; plus we have Givens, Cox, and company still there.

I'm sure this sort of thing doesn't hurt either

All in good time.

Back to the top

The difference unfortunately is that Baylor can take recruits into a stadium. FAU can only show recruits drawings of a stadium and that has been going on for way too long.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

The skinny on the small class.

They offered two scholly's to walk-on's & they did sign a large class last year that did have an effect to how many was available this year.  They are probably holding on to a couple to see what does become available later.  Next year we will probably have your regular size class.

There is still looking to add at least two more in the next couple of days…they are going to see what happens.

On not recruiting anyone from the west coast…we lost the two guys that recruited those areas mid way through & hurt the process a bit.  I would expect that to be corrected next year.

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

The difference unfortunately is that Baylor can take recruits into a stadium. FAU can only show recruits drawings of a stadium and that has been going on for way too long.

GO OWLS!!!

That is a problem, but I'm sure this had more to do with Baylor playing in the Big 12 and us being in the Sun Belt.  To some players, they just want to be able to say they play for a BCS team…even if it is a traditionally lousy team like Baylor.  
Back to the top

Watson is a BIG fish that got away…we are not the only school to lose out on players.  Florida's big three probably lose more then us every recruiting season.

I do think that this year we where able to go after a lot more bigger fishes and compete with school from some of the bigger conference on more kids the usual…a very good sign and we are taking steps in the right direction.  Once the dirt start moving, I look for us to make an even bigger step forward.

Back to the top

For what its worth, I believe UCF had a great recruiting class. Those Miami Central kids will make an impact. I guess its a reflection of having a nice stadium and producing NFL players.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

That is a problem, but I'm sure this had more to do with Baylor playing in the Big 12 and us being in the Sun Belt.  To some players, they just want to be able to say they play for a BCS team…even if it is a traditionally lousy team like Baylor.

That is definitely true and honestly I can't say that I blame the kid.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Bytor said

They offered two scholly's to walk-on's & they did sign a large class last year that did have an effect to how many was available this year.  They are probably holding on to a couple to see what does become available later.  Next year we will probably have your regular size class.

I started to do an analysis based upon our 2009 Full Depth Chart Spreadsheet but that ultimately didn't work when I realized it only lists 67 players even though we had 100 on the roster last season…

Then I looked at the roster on FAUSPORTS.com and came up with 18 scholarships should be available to offer next season unless there are walk-ons, quitters, injuries or people listed as "JR" decided to redshirt during the 2010 season to play in the 2011 season (not a bad idea if you've been promised the stadium all along and want to play in it your senior year - though I doubt they'd let you redshirt just for that!).

Which means if we start construction this summer, by January the stadium and the dorms should be halfway done. I expect our next two classes to be the best in program history. That being said, it's not just about building a stadium. We'll need to return to winning bowl games and we'll need to renovate the Oxley, including expanding the weight room area (although if I were the coaches I would emphasize the new Rec Center since athletes can work out there too).

Back to the top
Control functions: