Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2011 FAU Football Commit List

Add topic

Re: 2011 Offers & Commits

2011 FAU Football Commit List

I cannot speak for education or music but UCF has a highly rated business school (yes much higher than FAU) and the College of Engineering and computer science is one of the top in the nation (#73) according to US news and World report and the Carnegie listed UCF as a School with "high research activity."  How does FAU rate with engineering and business.  I know you guys have a good ocean engineering program.  UCF also has very close ties with NASA, Harris, Disney, Darden Foods, etc.  UCF is also a Tier 3 school where FAU is still Tier 4.  The funny thing is that both universities were created at the same time (UCF 1963, FAU 1964).
Back to the top

Rick said

Per the Post, Ezekiel Turner chooses FIU….

Atlantic receiver Ezekiel Turner commits to Florida International

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say the coaches were probably gonna turn him into a DB and he didnt like that or maybe he just liked FIU better
Back to the top

Rick said

Per the Post, Ezekiel Turner chooses FIU….

Atlantic receiver Ezekiel Turner commits to Florida International

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say the coaches were probably gonna turn him into a DB and he didnt like that or maybe he just liked FIU better
Back to the top

Aqualung said

I cannot speak for education or music but UCF has a highly rated business school (yes much higher than FAU) and the College of Engineering and computer science is one of the top in the nation (#73) according to US news and World report and the Carnegie listed UCF as a School with "high research activity."  How does FAU rate with engineering and business.  I know you guys have a good ocean engineering program.  UCF also has very close ties with NASA, Harris, Disney, Darden Foods, etc.  UCF is also a Tier 3 school where FAU is still Tier 4.  The funny thing is that both universities were created at the same time (UCF 1963, FAU 1964).
Some of our programs are going to be better than yours and vice versa, you are making it seem like UCF=UF and FAU=FGCU
Back to the top

Aqualung said

Some of our programs are going to be better than yours and vice versa, you are making it seem like UCF=UF and FAU=FGCU
Back to the top

Aqualung said

How many of the football players are in engineering programs or studying with NASA?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Aqualung said

How many of the football players are in engineering programs or studying with NASA?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

You would be surprised.  Not every football players goes out for criminal justice or communications.  The UCF football program takes it's education very seriously.  They are top in the country with the graduation rates and the team hold a very high GPA.  We were also talking about the university as an overall, not what the players were studying. 
Back to the top

You would be surprised.  Not every football players goes out for criminal justice or communications.  The UCF football program takes it's education very seriously.  They are top in the country with the graduation rates and the team hold a very high GPA.  We were also talking about the university as an overall, not what the players were studying. 
Back to the top

Aqualung said

You would be surprised.  Not every football players goes out for criminal justice or communications.  The UCF football program takes it's education very seriously.  They are top in the country with the graduation rates and the team hold a very high GPA.  We were also talking about the university as an overall, not what the players were studying.

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

1. A quick Google search shows UCF at 59% and that's not even top in the state: Florida 69%, FSU 73% and even your beloved USF beats you at 60%. FIU and FAU are both lower than the forementioned schools.
  2. UCF's ranking can be artificially inflated if you only consider "public, non-service academies" and thus remove the top scholars at Boston College (96%), Notre Dame (95%), Stanford (94%), Duke (93%) etc
  3. UCFAthletics shows the teamwide GPA is 2.99.

Back to the top
Control functions: