Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 FAU Football Commit List

Add topic

Re: 2012 FAU Football Commit List

2012 FAU Football Commit List

Inuka Rhaheed added up top…

Welcome Inuka!
Back to the top

We dont have a QB that can play…they need to get to work on that.

Colton Kane can play…..comes in next season….
here is some video

Back to the top

doccowen said

We dont have a QB that can play…they need to get to work on that.

Colton Kane can play…..comes in next season….
here is some video

Nice.  My comment was about the current situation.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

That is now three, 3 star prospects that have been recruited to play at FAU. I'm not bringing up the whole stars don't matter argument because I don't really care lol, just asking, have we ever had 3, 3 star players before? Maybe we get 1 a class if we're lucky

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

That is now three, 3 star prospects that have been recruited to play at FAU. I'm not bringing up the whole stars don't matter argument because I don't really care lol, just asking, have we ever had 3, 3 star players before? Maybe we get 1 a class if we're lucky

And one of them is a 1 Star on ESPN. Who knows at this point.

As I said in another thread, The coaching staff has been out watching these kids play on top of reviewing tape. Good enough for me for the moment.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I've heard high school coaches talk about being in a room with the Rivals folks when those "stars" are being discussed. It's basically like, Hey have you ever heard this guy's name? No, who does he play for? Well, haven't seen the kid play, but the school's ok, sounds like a three to me. The whole system is a joke.There is no way in the world they could possibly even watch film on all these kids, much less watch a whole game on every single kid they assign a star to. That and the fact that there are HUNDREDS of good to great players with no stars that have never been seen by anyone at Rivals.
Back to the top

BigChief said

Hey have you ever heard this guy's name? No, who does he play for? Well, haven't seen the kid play, but the school's ok, sounds like a three to me.

:D
Back to the top

BigChief said

I've heard high school coaches talk about being in a room with the Rivals folks when those "stars" are being discussed. It's basically like, Hey have you ever heard this guy's name? No, who does he play for? Well, haven't seen the kid play, but the school's ok, sounds like a three to me. The whole system is a joke.There is no way in the world they could possibly even watch film on all these kids, much less watch a whole game on every single kid they assign a star to. That and the fact that there are HUNDREDS of good to great players with no stars that have never been seen by anyone at Rivals.
 If you read all the recruiting debate =s we have had on this forum it is not much the star i want it has always been what other schools offer the kid. I hate when we get a kid who we are his only D-1 offer. That means the kid is coming because we are his only D-1 offer. It also upset me in 2010 FIU offered over a 120 athletes while we only offered around 60. Many of the extra kids they offered were big time 3 and four star athletes with offers to many others school. Well just think of the difference it makes when out of those 60 extra kids they offered they got one or two those type an athletes make a huge difference in the sun-belt.
Back to the top

^^^^^^^

I agree - a lot of times the "stars" correlate with this. Sometimes they don't which means somone from Rivals or Scout probably saw the kid play at some point and made an assesment. It's not an exact science - but I do put weight on what kind of interest kids get and from what programs. Doesn't mean there aren't going to be some gems that fly under the radar, but when you look at the totality of the information, you can kind of get a feel for the perceived strength of a recruiting class (in my humble opinion).

As far as us having three 3 star recruits thus far - this is all before the signing period so until they sign I wouldn't put too much into it yet. Although it is nice to be getting verbals this soon. I do believe we had 3 or so "3 star" verbals a year or two ago before the signing period, but at the end of the day only one or two signed on the dotted line (schools like Iowa State and Baylor came calling if I remeber correctly). I think the new coaching staff and stadium can help secure some of these recruits.
Back to the top

Noticed "M Stampini" aka the FAU RIVALS guy logged onto this site a few minutes ago. Maybe he's looking to update his list.
Back to the top
Control functions: