Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 FAU Football Commit List

Add topic

Re: 2012 FAU Football Commit List

2012 FAU Football Commit List

They DEFINITELY keep their schollys for the spring semester, they'll get a shot, but don't really have a chance on getting the job (kooi and wilbert that is) so they'll be faced with the decision that they can transfer in the summer, quit playing football or run the scout team for the fall (that's if they are granted their scholarships for Fall, which is the right thing to do I think).

It's hard to imagine a scenario where German isn't our signal caller in the fall, the guy is so legit. Flessner, Kane and Curtis round out the backups and hopefully Bracewell lands somewhere.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

They DEFINITELY keep their schollys for the spring semester, they'll get a shot, but don't really have a chance on getting the job (kooi and wilbert that is)

Yep, that's what I'm saying.

Wilbert and Kooi are RS JRs, so if they transfer to another Div.1 school they sit out a year and get two years. If they transfer to Div.2, there's no wait and they get two years (if I remember correctly). There may be a Div.2 school that would take them. If so, that's their best bet at this point for playing time. But their throwing is so poor, it's hard for me to envision them transferring and becoming starters somewhere else. That's why I'm saying it probably wouldn't be worth it to transfer. The good news is that at this point they've been here almost four years. They have to be close to finishing a degree. You play football to get a degree, yes, but they all usually have dreams of being in the NFL. Realistically if they can't cut it as a starter for FAU, they're probably not NFL material, right? So might as well just focus on finishing the degree and getting a job like the rest of us. No shame in that.
Back to the top

Kooi and Wilbert will be R-SR they can transfer to a D2 school and play one yr they more than likely will not be able to transfer to a D1 school 5 years to play 4 unless special circumstances (Willie Floyd, Casey Keenum)
Back to the top

i cannot fathom any D1 team king either of them.

Also, if they are RS seniors, then they have been in college for four years already. How much school could they possibly have left?

Them transferring also hurts our APR, so maybe they shouldn't transfer.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

By the way, what other schools offered German?

He himself is reported to have claimed both SEC and ACC offers, although no scouting services I could find confirm that.

However, when you have qualification issues you aren't going to necessarily get one officially either.

It's a "if it works out we have on for you" type of thing.

But, here is the kicker with this guy:

"Junior college All-American and lead the nation in passing with over 2,700 yards."

Can't argue with that hard stat, and must have been doing something right.
Back to the top

What I do not understand is that he could not get into those SEC/ACC schools.

The funny things is, while FAU is not exactly known for its stellar academics, we do in fact have the highest in-state requirements. (GPA 2.6 and SAT 1390)

A minimum does NOT reflect a school's median scores at all.

So a player could be ineligible for us but eligible for Florida, if that makes sense.

Let me know if I am making sense….. hahah :D

Regardless, HUGE get for us. With a guy like him, you do not even need a good offensive line, even though we have recruited two JUCO players who really look like they can play.

Tops of the Sun Belt in 2012/13?????

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

German and Grimes both became 3-star players today.  Not sure how that works, but we can now say we have 5 Rivals 3-star recruits…
Back to the top

Rick said

Per Rivals

Josh Ballesteros
6-1, 220
LB
Miami, FL

Added up top…

Welcome Josh!

This one is flying under the radar with German's announcement, but this is a good grab. Originally committed to Minnesota back in June, but decided to de-pledge in December.

This will be the 3rd LB we have got from Miami Central in the past 2 years. We all know how Andre Kirk fared his freshman season, and would hope from similar results from Ballesteros.

I like this. Building connections with a top high school program.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

German and Grimes both became 3-star players today.  Not sure how that works, but we can now say we have 5 Rivals 3-star recruits…

I'm really confused, I thought they don't give stars to Juco Transfers? Why doesn't Glanton have any stars yet?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Don't JUCOs normally sign LOI in December and enrolled in Spring? Why is that not the case for German?
Back to the top
Control functions: