Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 Recruit Notes

Add topic

Re: 2012 Recruit Notes

2012 Recruit Notes

Is he good for January...registering now or in the fall?
Back to the top

Per Chris Nee at twitter:

Southern Miss commitment Lynn Griffin, who is supposed to visit Georgia Tech this weekend, has been invited on visits by FAU and Wake Forrest Rivals Page

This is from Big County Preps on twitter:

FAU into see Gibbs 2012 DT, Albert McCOY Rivals Page

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

An article about Florida recruiting and how many kid's leave the state now;

http://shar.es/WSyY8

Interesting but stuff we here at FAU have already known. Hope Coach P. and this staff can change this.
Back to the top

Here is something interesting from the sun-sentinel about this.

Link
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Link

I had read this and it is GREAT that we are taking a strong attitude towrds recruiting and not backing down to the "BigBoys" regarding our recruits anymore! If nothing else, the past three seasons should have proven that the old ways in recruiting were, well, old!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

USMCOWL said

Link

I had read this and it is GREAT that we are taking a strong attitude towrds recruiting and not backing down to the "BigBoys" regarding our recruits anymore! If nothing else, the past three seasons should have proven that the old ways in recruiting were, well, old!

Couldn't compete with the big boys playing at Lockhart.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

CB Tony Grimes - 5-foot-11 166 lbs, 4.5 Forty speed. Reported as the #16 CB in the nation in 2010, committed to Old Miss but grades forced him to go to Junior College.  Out of J.C. he has been recruited by West Virginia, FAU, Miami, Boston College and others  :o…

According to multi sources (including West Virginia  :P) he has commited to FAU and will anounce it in the morning!

Played for Old Miss in 2010 and JUCO ball for the 3-Time Western States Football Champion Western Arizona Matadors in 2011. He led the Matadors with 4 interceptions, 1 Sack, 6 Tackles for loss and 32 Tackles in 2011.

Named to the ALL-WSFL and ALL-ACCAC team.

From 560 KBLU

"The starting defensive secondary was completely new for the Matadors in 2011, but that didn’t mean that the Matador coaches didn’t have some experience to rely on. University of Mississippi transfer Tony Grimes provided the bulk of that experience and maturity when the Matadors had to have it. When the Matadors began their most crucial stretch of the season-playing three nationally teams in succession-Grimes was one of those that stepped up. In fact, the native of Hollywood, Florida, changed the momentum of the game twice at Glendale with a pair of interceptions-the second one returned 59 yards for a touchdown. Grimes wound up tied for the team lead in interceptions with 4, and added a sack, 6 tackles for loss, and 32 total tackles for the season."

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

USMCOWL said

Link

+1
Back to the top

Chris Nee (@RivalsCNee)
1/29/12 10:22 AM
Sarasota (Fla.) Riverview WR Jeremy Jones says #FAU and #MTSU backed off. He is now planning to head to #ButlerCC.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Chris Nee (@RivalsCNee)
1/29/12 10:22 AM
Sarasota (Fla.) Riverview WR Jeremy Jones says #FAU and #MTSU backed off. He is now planning to head to #ButlerCC.
We must have a solid commit from another WR or CP likes the current group… ???
Back to the top
Control functions: