Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 Recruit Notes

Add topic

Re: 2012 Recruit Notes

2012 Recruit Notes

Jab979 said

Here's another one to keep an eye on for tomorrow

Tremane McCullough - RB - Royal Palm Beach

Rivals

Anyone know anything about him?

From what I hear he's deciding between FAU and MTSU, supposedly is waiting on an offer from Wake but Matt Porter of the PBP doesn't foresee him getting an offer from Wake

He might not qualify that is the reason the other schools are not running towards him and also he has us as his backup plan…but he is a hell of an athlete not sure where he would play with us he played RB in hs but too small at this level maybe corner or slot
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Looks like we lost another one.

Inunka Rhaheed Ft. Pierce OL/DL will sign with New Mexico State. Not sure if he went to visit or not, but I've been to Las Cruces and let me tell you, I'd rather watch paint dry

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/jan/31/westwoods-rhaheed-to-sign-with-new-mexico-state/

In December, he committed to FAU. But when new coach Carl Pelini announced his staff less than two weeks ago, the incoming line coach didn't have Rhaheed high enough on his list, according to Panthers coach Gene Clemons.
Back to the top

Thanks for the update 44.

I guess they didn't think he was that impressive. I trust this staff knows exactly what they're looking for and of he's not in their plans then so be it

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

If everything goes according to plan, we will have the best recruiting class (according to Rivals) that we've ever had. To think of what was accomplished by CP in such a short time really makes me admire his work thus far. It's surprising to me, in a way, because I'd usually think that this late in the game, all that would be left would be leftovers and we'd be scrambling to give away all our offers. Instead we're hearing about this and that person committing nearly every day and now we're overbooked with kids and having to pull some offers to accommodate.

However, the downside is having to read quotes like this:

"We tell kids all the time if they commit they need to stay committed, but then … there are issues with coaches jumping ship and all these other things, and the kids have no control over that," {Inunka Rhaheed's coach} Clemons said. "The recruitment period is the only time the kid truly has any power. After what happened at FAU, I would tell kids that when they commit, they should still keep looking around because you never know when something might fall through.

Which is now the third time (Moon, Ward, Rhaheed) in the span of a month that the media has basically put out there that, "Watch out about committing to FAU in the future… they pull offers." I'm concerned how that will affect future classes. I get that all programs do this - or at least have done it at some point - but if I'm a recruit with offers from FAU and Virginia, let's say, and last year I heard that FAU rescinded three scholarships and Virginia didn't rescind any, I might be a little more cautious about committing to FAU. You know?
Back to the top

I hear what you're saying and this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. I'm willing to bed there's not 1 D-1 school who didn't pull an offer from someone. I bet FIU has done it too but we don't hear anything about that.

If you offer 4 players at the same position, but only have room to add 1. One of them is just excited to get a D-1 offer isn't regarded as a top athlete or prospect out of H.S. but is a safe bet so he verbals and 2 other kids go elsewhere, but the 1 kid you're really trying to work on and convince to come here has to think about it, he's one of the best at his position and you know if you can get him to come here he'd make an immediate impact.

A few weeks later decides that he wants to play at FAU, what is the coach going to do? He's not going to say oh sorry we offered it to someone else. No, he's going say you made the right decision, welcome aboard and he's going to call that first kid and tell him sorry, they're going in a different direction. Nothing you can do about it. Part of the process

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Ward, Moon, and Rhaheed…None were recruited by Pelini.  I don't see an issue here, just a new coach taking over during recruiting season.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Ward, Moon, and Rhaheed…None were recruited by Pelini.  I don't see an issue here, just a new coach taking over during recruiting season.

True but Pelini presided over FAU when the offer was pulled and that's what the papers focus on. I think most people expect that if the offer is going to be pulled because of a regime change, it's going to happen soon after the regime changes, not a couple days before NSD.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

fauowls44 said

True but Pelini presided over FAU when the offer was pulled and that's what the papers focus on. I think most people expect that if the offer is going to be pulled because of a regime change, it's going to happen soon after the regime changes, not a couple days before NSD.

FAU landed multiple Palm Beach County players after Ward's coach threw his little fit.  Pelini went on the air to state his side of the story and I'm sure he's done the same with all the local coaches he deals with.  This stuff happens everywhere…it's a non-story.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Owl2Doc said

fauowls44 said

FAU landed multiple Palm Beach County players after Ward's coach threw his little fit.  Pelini went on the air to state his side of the story and I'm sure he's done the same with all the local coaches he deals with.  This stuff happens everywhere…it's a non-story.

Exactly. And I'm sure that this is something Prlini adress' early with a recruit "I understand you may have heard we pulled some offers. Those athletes were recruited by a different head coach and fit to play a different scheme. I want you, your scholarship is guaranteed, and you'd fit perfectly into the starting slot role. Moving on!"

Time keeps on slippin' into the future
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Here's another one to keep an eye on for tomorrow

Tremane McCullough - RB - Royal Palm Beach

Rivals

Anyone know anything about him?

From what I hear he's deciding between FAU and MTSU, supposedly is waiting on an offer from Wake but Matt Porter of the PBP doesn't foresee him getting an offer from Wake

Glad we didn't end up pairing with this kid…

Arrested this morning and charged with trespassing and resisting arrest.
Back to the top
Control functions: