Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 Class Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

2013 Class Recruiting Discussion

Nicely written by Ted. Keep it up Coach P.

Topic Galleries - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Back to the top

Re: 2013 class

Sterling Mack, outside linebacker from Hialeah, has reportedly been hearing from FAU.

Other schools interested: Minnesota, Miami, Duke, Illinois State

Not a bad batch to be in.

Says right now he's interested in Minnesota. Curious choice. Leave Florida for… Minnesota.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Sterling Mack, outside linebacker from Hialeah, has reportedly been hearing from FAU.

Other schools interested: Minnesota, Miami, Duke, Illinois State

Not a bad batch to be in.

Says right now he's interested in Minnesota. Curious choice. Leave Florida for… Minnesota.

Have the big Ragoo talke to him about Minnesota and how nice it is to come home.  ;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I thought the stadium would turn the tide on schools like Iowa State and Minnesota…we have to do a better job of making sure recruits know we are a real school with a real stadium that can compete with if not beat schools like Iowa State and Minnesota.  Just get these kids on campus for a visit.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

GOTTA help because it SURE AS HELL AI'NT LOCKHART!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

GOTTA help because it SURE AS HELL AI'NT LOCKHART!

Yea, I dont have my finger on the pulse of it but would love to survey at random 100 football players from the Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties and see what they know about FAU…if they even know we have a brand new stadium on campus.

I bet less than 25% would know that.

I dont know who is in charge of putting together the events at the stadium or even just random 'field trips' to FAU.  But we need to think of ways to getting more exposure to our campus.

Back to the top

2013 Class - Recruiting

Heard a lot of talk when HS stepped down and we hired Pelini about how bad HS was at recruiting and how much different things would be when Pelini came on board.

That being said, do we have a single verbal for 2013? 

Back to the top

Re: 2013 Class - Recruiting

We already have a thread by this title, merging with that one...
Back to the top

FAU coaches reported to have visited West Orange DE Jock Petree on Tuesday.

Unfortunately, he just got an offer from Navy; which he says "I’ve always wanted to go there" of.
Back to the top

Re: 2013 Class - Recruiting

walty12 said

Heard a lot of talk when HS stepped down and we hired Pelini about how bad HS was at recruiting and how much different things would be when Pelini came on board.

That being said, do we have a single verbal for 2013?
 Fun fact the three kids that committed to Howard last year after Pelini pulled their offers not one got a D-1 offer just goes to I was right so before you try to make so dumb point by suggesting that because we do not have a commit yet shows it really was not Howard stop and just remember we were 5-19 over Howard's last two years.
But yea we should have a couple soon FIU already has three. I know FIU is hosting a ton of High school scrimmages at their stadium. I was talking to my high old high school he said them and about 20 other schools will be going to FIU to just scrimmage each other over a couple of days. Something we should look into. But hey we do not want to get pur grass messed up.
Back to the top
Control functions: