Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 Class Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

Re: 2013 Class - Recruiting

2013 Class Recruiting Discussion

owlcountry40 said

Fun fact the three kids that committed to Howard last year after Pelini pulled their offers not one got a D-1 offer just goes to I was right so before you try to make so dumb point by suggesting that because we do not have a commit yet shows it really was not Howard stop and just remember we were 5-19 over Howard's last two years.
But yea we should have a couple soon FIU already has three. I know FIU is hosting a ton of High school scrimmages at their stadium. I was talking to my high old high school he said them and about 20 other schools will be going to FIU to just scrimmage each other over a couple of days. Something we should look into. But hey we do not want to get pur grass messed up.

OK, I'm going to attempt to translate this, so everyone else can understand exactly what he's trying to say lol.

owlcountry40 said

Fun fact the three kids that committed to Howard last year after Pelini pulled their offers not one got a D-1 offer
Ok, that part makes sense.

owlcountry40 said

just goes to I was right so before you try to make so dumb point by suggesting that because we do not have a commit yet shows it really was not Howard stop and just remember we were 5-19 over Howard's last two years

I think this should say … Just goes to show I was right. So before you try and make some dumb point by suggesting that just because we don't have any verbal commits yet, it really wasn't Howard's fault. Stop and just remember we were 5-19 over Howard's last two years.

owlcountry40 said

But yea we should have a couple soon FIU already has three
Ok, understand that part too

owlcountry40 said

I know FIU is hosting a ton of High school scrimmages at their stadium. I was talking to my high old high school he said them and about 20 other schools will be going to FIU to just scrimmage each other over a couple of days

I know FIU is hosting a ton of High School scrimmages at their stadium. I was talking to my old high school coach and he said along with about 20 other schools, they'll be going to FIU to scrimmage each other over a couple of days.

owlcountry40 said

Something we should look into. But hey we do not want to get pur grass messed up
Something we should look into, but hey we don't want to get our grass messed up.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: 2013 class

My point is…I heard it was HS's strategy to wait it out and never got with the "times".

You still have not answered….why dont we have a SINGLE verbal commitment?  Most schools have 10-15 right now.  We have ZERO.

Let me remind you…HS never recruited with a brand new stadium on campus.  And please dont say some garbage like that stadium doesn't matter.  Going there for your recruiting visit is an entirely different ball game than the Oxley Center.

How many DI offers did Rusty, Housler and Morris have?  Just curious.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

OK, I'm going to attempt to translate this, so everyone else can understand exactly he's trying to say lol.

Back to the top

Let's just forget what Howard did wrong and be thankful for what he did right. For laying down the foundation the football team needs now and in the future.
Carl Pelini showed what he could do with little time and few staff members. We all know that some of the recruits Howard brought in the last 2 years will have their time to shine or simply suck and let's hope Pelini's recruits can step in and help.
Focus on FAU's present and what is ahead of us.
This team needs to win games this year to become somewhat relevant again.
Back to the top

Re: 2013 Class - Recruiting

Jab979 said

owlcountry40 said

Fun fact the three kids that committed to Howard last year after Pelini pulled their offers not one got a D-1 offer just goes to I was right so before you try to make so dumb point by suggesting that because we do not have a commit yet shows it really was not Howard stop and just remember we were 5-19 over Howard's last two years.
But yea we should have a couple soon FIU already has three. I know FIU is hosting a ton of High school scrimmages at their stadium. I was talking to my high old high school he said them and about 20 other schools will be going to FIU to just scrimmage each other over a couple of days. Something we should look into. But hey we do not want to get pur grass messed up.

OK, I'm going to attempt to translate this, so everyone else can understand exactly he's trying to say lol.

owlcountry40 said

Fun fact the three kids that committed to Howard last year after Pelini pulled their offers not one got a D-1 offer
Ok, that part makes sense.

owlcountry40 said

just goes to I was right so before you try to make so dumb point by suggesting that because we do not have a commit yet shows it really was not Howard stop and just remember we were 5-19 over Howard's last two years

I think this should say … Just goes to show I was right. So before you try and make some dumb point by suggesting that just because we don't have any verbal commits yet, it really wasn't Howard's fault. Stop and just remember we were 5-19 over Howard's last two years.

owlcountry40 said

But yea we should have a couple soon FIU already has three
Ok, understand that part too

owlcountry40 said

I know FIU is hosting a ton of High school scrimmages at their stadium. I was talking to my high old high school he said them and about 20 other schools will be going to FIU to just scrimmage each other over a couple of days

I know FIU is hosting a ton of High School scrimmages at their stadium. I was talking to my old high school coach and he said along with about 20 other schools, they'll be going to FIU to scrimmage each other over a couple of days.

owlcountry40 said

Something we should look into. But hey we do not want to get pur grass messed up
Something we should look into, but hey we don't want to get our grass messed up.

Ahhhhhh…. Now I get it. Thanks for the sub-titles.

(Sheeezzz…)
Back to the top

Back to the top

NîGHT said

Let's just forget what Howard did wrong and be thankful for what he did right. For laying down the foundation the football team needs now and in the future.
Carl Pelini showed what he could do with little time and few staff members. We all know that some of the recruits Howard brought in the last 2 years will have their time to shine or simply suck and let's hope Pelini's recruits can step in and help.

We can all acknowledge that it was extremely difficult to recruit anybody to a commuter school in the Sun Belt that played in a dump of a high school stadium. Because of our facilities situation, we had to go after guys who were either from BFE schools or "development projects" that either had the size or the talent - but rarely both - and hoped we could make them into stars (like our draft picks).

Now we have a beautiful stadium that we can be proud of and a coach that is approaching the offseason as if he needed to win the Big 10 this year. We don't need to go after diamonds in the rough anymore and hope they work out. That made sense at one time in our development but we're past that now. We can bring them to campus now. We can offer a recruit that also is sitting on interest from UConn and Rutgers and Louisville and yeah, we may actually win out.

I've seen a few online articles from hometown papers saying that so-and-so has received interest or an offer from FAU. Pelini and Co. are out there. We're not taking a "wait and see" approach to recruiting.

And we're going to need every one of them because we need to win big in the next two years, not four. Once we're successful again people will "just forget" about how this team was completely driven into the ground over the last few years.

But that's going to take time. Right now we may be 0-0 yet everybody's still looking at us like we're 1-11. And that inevitably rolls back to Howard. Can't avoid it, just have to acknowledge it until Pelini can change the national perception of our program.
Back to the top

Yup, to the public, the recruits and to the pre-season prognosticators, we are still a 1-11 team with a first year Head Coach (his) that has LOTS to prove to change their perception. WE GOTTA WIN 6 GAMES to change this and gain some respectibilty back!
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

NîGHT said

We can all acknowledge that it was extremely difficult to recruit anybody to a commuter school in the Sun Belt that played in a dump of a high school stadium. Because of our facilities situation, we had to go after guys who were either from BFE schools or "development projects" that either had the size or the talent - but rarely both - and hoped we could make them into stars (like our draft picks).

Now we have a beautiful stadium that we can be proud of and a coach that is approaching the offseason as if he needed to win the Big 10 this year. We don't need to go after diamonds in the rough anymore and hope they work out. That made sense at one time in our development but we're past that now. We can bring them to campus now. We can offer a recruit that also is sitting on interest from UConn and Rutgers and Louisville and yeah, we may actually win out.

I've seen a few online articles from hometown papers saying that so-and-so has received interest or an offer from FAU. Pelini and Co. are out there. We're not taking a "wait and see" approach to recruiting.

And we're going to need every one of them because we need to win big in the next two years, not four. Once we're successful again people will "just forget" about how this team was completely driven into the ground over the last few years.

But that's going to take time. Right now we may be 0-0 yet everybody's still looking at us like we're 1-11. And that inevitably rolls back to Howard. Can't avoid it, just have to acknowledge it until Pelini can change the national perception of our program.

Ok, agreed.  Again, that doesn't change the fact that we dont have a single verbal commitment.  Not one.  What exactly has changed?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Again, that doesn't change the fact that we don't have a single verbal commitment.  Not one.  What exactly has changed?

I guess nothing if we don't have a commit nine months before Signing Day. Here's what I've seen online:

FAU offers:
- Loxahatchee (Fla.) Seminole Ridge defensive tackle Kyle Shortridge

FAU expressing interest:
- Winter Garden West Orange defensive lineman/tight endJock Petree
- Orlando Cypress Creek defensive end/linebacker Malik Smith

Pretty quiet.
Back to the top
Control functions: