Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 Class Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

Re: 2013 class

2013 Class Recruiting Discussion

I hear Pelini refuses to release the names until NLI day, he doesn't like to get caught up in the Scout.com/Rivals mayhem…he's old school like that.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I hear Pelini refuses to release the names until NLI day, he doesn't like to get caught up in the Scout.com/Rivals mayhem…he's old school like that.

HAHAHA! If there was a "like" button I would've hit it on that post lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I'm pretty sure that its a NCAA violation for a coach to release the names of recruits before they sign the LI.  The Scout/Rivals information comes from the recruits not the coaches.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

walty12 said

Again, that doesn't change the fact that we don't have a single verbal commitment.  Not one.  What exactly has changed?

I guess nothing if we don't have a commit nine months before Signing Day. Here's what I've seen online:

FAU offers:
- Loxahatchee (Fla.) Seminole Ridge defensive tackle Kyle Shortridge

FAU expressing interest:
- Winter Garden West Orange defensive lineman/tight endJock Petree
- Orlando Cypress Creek defensive end/linebacker Malik Smith

Pretty quiet.

Yep, pretty much the same as when HS was coach (although I think we had 3 or 4 verbals at this time last year) and all I've read is how much recruiting will change under a new coach.

Not saying HS did it right, just wondering why I am not seeing the change everybody was excited about.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

You really trying to say we have verbals that aren't public about it?  C'mon.

Back to the top

Today's day and age kid's post EVERYTHING as soon as it happens to get the attention (even the REAL STUPID BAD STUFF!).

I don't even know how many offers are out let and to who. Wish we had some solid quality verbals but right now I think most are gonna wait and see how FAU and Coach P. do before they commit.
Back to the top

DID EVERYONE FORGET WHAT RED FONT MEANS??? Jeez.

Walty FAU is not in Broward County and the tooth fairy is your dad.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

DID EVERYONE FORGET WHAT RED FONT MEANS??? Jeez.

Walty FAU is not in Broward County and the tooth fairy is your dad.

If UNT gets to claim Dallas/Ft Worth while being 45 miles north of it…we get to claim Broward.

Back to the top

But its not a choice, its the way it is. If WPB didnt exsist then perhaps we would be in that market but it does and we are not...officially...by the people that make tv markets, its not our choice.
Back to the top

Dieter with a mention today that Miramar's Alex Lee close to FAU commitment.
Back to the top
Control functions: