Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014 FAU Football Signing Day Thread

Add topic

"Scheer is No. 1 rated kicker in the country according to 247sports."

WOW!
Back to the top

NCowl said

WOW!
Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 1:27 PM #327577
247 didn't even have him rated a week ago, and #1 in the nation  only gets you 2 stars as a kicker.

FAB 50 KICKERS | Kornblue Kicking
Landon Scheer
Back to the top

NCowl said

WOW!
Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 1:27 PM #327577

This is where the star system is a bit messed up, it is not really based on position and highest caliber of that year, making it very hard to tell how players will be out of the starting gate, only time will tell and if they can play as well (if not better) at the next level
Back to the top

Boozie132 said

247 didn't even have him rated a week ago, and #1 in the nation  only gets you 2 stars as a kicker.

Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 1:40 PM #327579

Back to the top

Kicker Landon scheer was downgraded on 247. 

I for one would love to know how his skill has changed between yesterday at this time & right now. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Rick said

Boozie132 said

Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 1:59 PM #327584
Yea because he is a kicker……
Back to the top

NJOWL said

I for one would love to know how his skill has changed between yesterday at this time & right now. 
Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 2:18 PM #327590

Point being if he signed with Notre Lame, or Penn Fate he would have been at least a 4 star…their "algorithm" just doesn't like us. Plain and simple.
Back to the top

Rick said

Boozie132 said

Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 1:59 PM #327584
How in the hell is the post of the day I know that Rick is does not care fore much for these sites. But they do a solid job for trying to cover and rank about 5000 thousand high school kids. Every one said the star system didn't matter when we got the 122nd ranked class in the country then we went 1-11 two years later.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

How in the hell is the post of the day I know that Rick is does not care fore much for these sites. But they do a solid job for trying to cover and rank about 5000 thousand high school kids. Every one said the star system didn't matter when we got the 122nd ranked class in the country then we went 1-11 two years later.

Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 2:47 PM #327596

Settle down Rambo…I have no issue with "those sites".

I have issue with the number one guy at his position (according to their own site) getting only two stars.

BTW, it is a network with 100's of people who do it for money, not a couple guys running a site with no costs attached to members.

Back to the top

Rick said

NJOWL said

Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 2:18 PM #327590

Point being if he signed with Notre Lame, or Penn Fate he would have been at least a 4 star…their "algorithm" just doesn't like us. Plain and simple.
Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 2:43 PM #327594
Yea thats kinda true yea sorry to break this to you but if a school like Notre Dame is looking at a kid he's a good high school player. Thus gets more stars. So to put this in elementary form for you if LSU Bama and Auburn are looking at a kid he is most likely better then the kid being looked at by us FIU and a 1-aa school.
I have no idea how he is the 1kicker in the country most of the time kickers get Ignored  and never get ranked or scouted until the end so who knows.
Back to the top
Control functions: