Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Football Signing Day Thread

Add topic

I was getting too excited - Kyle Davis will have to sit.  We'll have to "make due" with only 4 or 5 guys who have P5 talent at the WR position (and that is assuming some of the guys we already had aren't break-out guys).  And actually, we won't - I forgot about Holmes who coming out of high school had offers from the likes of USC and UCLA.

It doesn't look like Davis redshirted at Auburn, so does that mean we can actually get 2 more years from him (2019 and 2020)?
Back to the top

Here is a GREAT article on Zack Bennett the C from Arizona Western CC;

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article198984714.html

Very enlightening and make me really wanna pull for him.

I looked him up as I was very curious why he is not rated at all on 24/7 and sadly that really hurts our team recruiting score. Odd since he was a 2 year starter there and the C on a line with a 2 time JUCO All American RB and both years AW made the JUCO National Championship game only to lose! Maybe they will update him but I doubt it!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article198984714.html

I looked him up as I was very curious why he is not rated at all on 24/7 and sadly that really hurts our team recruiting score. Odd since he was a 2 year starter there and the C on a line with a 2 time JUCO All American RB and both years AW made the JUCO National Championship game only to lose! Maybe they will update him but I doubt it!!!!
Posted On: Feb 8th 2018, 2:02 PM #377063
Don't think him being "unranked" factors too much in our current rating. They will get around to ranking him though at some point. My guess is a 3 – although when there isn't a lot of footage of a player in JUCO, they sometimes just tend to slap a 2 star on the player and call it a day.

BTW, love the "Rising Football Power" headline lol.
Back to the top

For those keeping score, Emmons was added to our list of recruits. With that we are now ranked #4 in the conference even with a small class – and still #1 composite score overall.
Back to the top

It's a crock that someone gave Robinson a .78.

Dude was going to the SEC had he not messed up in school earlier…laughable.

:Clown:  :Loser:  :Clown:
Back to the top

Rick said

It's a crock that someone gave Robinson a .78.

Dude was going to the SEC had he not messed up in school earlier…laughable.

:Clown:  :Loser:  :Clown:
Posted On: Feb 9th 2018, 2:31 PM #377070

I think there is a chance he gets re-evaluated. Since he flew under the radar a bit, initially signing with an FCS team  etc, I don't think the site(s) were keeping too close of an eye on him after a while. Let's see.
Back to the top

d-owl said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Feb 8th 2018, 2:02 PM #377063
Don't think him being "unranked" factors too much in our current rating. They will get around to ranking him though at some point. My guess is a 3 – although when there isn't a lot of footage of a player in JUCO, they sometimes just tend to slap a 2 star on the player and call it a day.

BTW, love the "Rising Football Power" headline lol.
Posted On: Feb 8th 2018, 2:45 PM #377064

And that's exactly what happened – slapped the low "2 star" on him and called it a day lol.
Back to the top

Helped our "team" rating a smidge and Emmons actually rated lower than Davidson, if he were even give a high 3* rating we could have taken overall No. 1 in CUSA too. O well. great class, lots of Power 5 players coming into team  and lots of Power 5 recruited guys too. And MOST IMPORTANTLY - LOT'S OF IMMEDIATE OL AND DL HELP TOO!!!!
Back to the top

I went on 247 , 2016, and searched Emmons. He had a .99 rating. Now they are calling him .78. All of that is of zero importance. What matters is how they perform now.
Back to the top

Sorry.  .9805
Back to the top
Control functions: