Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Football Signing Day Thread

Add topic

Local Owl said

Sorry.  .9805
Posted On: Feb 9th 2018, 7:03 PM #377079

What a joke!

:Laughing:
Back to the top

No linebackers so far.. Whatever happened to Carson Lydon he was still tweeting about FAU in December?
Back to the top

David Slavic said

owlsdad said

We are going to have a battle between Robison and Johnson at QB, but either one will at least be considered a more dangerous passer than Driskell or Parr were (not saying they absolutely will be - just saying we will think they will be).  And this means we are going to have an awesome backup QB.  We also have a load of WRs with Wright and McNeal returning and adding Nelson, Durante, and Davis.  Just that list of guys at QB and WR include a bunch of high-level recruits who originally were P5 players (or were supposed to go to big-time schools).

Then throw in Motor, Emmons, Whyte, and Davidson in the backfield.  We are going to need more footballs!!!

Plugged the hole at Center along with some other O-lineman, and added several more (expected) impact players on Defense.

I actually hope this means we can take a handful of the new Freshman and redshirt them.  I'd love to have Littlejohn and Davidson around to pickup after these other guys finish for a couple of seasons.

I think the wrap-up is we got better AND deeper with this class - hard to ask for more than that!
Posted On: Feb 8th 2018, 10:57 AM #377056

Last night on ESPN radio Lane said the first classes were focused on plugging holes we needed in order to compete immediately, and his focus going forward is to start stockpiling talent. I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist.
Posted On: Feb 8th 2018, 10:59 AM #377057

Never was a DJ fan (Maybe I'll be proven wrong with a different system and OC) … I'm hoping the talent level of the newest QB recruits will far exceed DJ's … Regardless it will be a very interesting how it plays out in.
Back to the top

Long time AD at Atlantic HS  is retiring this year. Maybe we can work our way in. I know , I  know, Atlantic doesn't produce players according to some.  This year they produce 4 of the top 12 according to PBP Big Board. One to Marshall. One to West Mich, and two to FIU.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Long time AD at Atlantic HS  is retiring this year. Maybe we can work our way in. I know , I  know, Atlantic doesn't produce players according to some.  This year they produce 4 of the top 12 according to PBP Big Board. One to Marshall. One to West Mich, and two to FIU.  
Posted On: Feb 9th 2018, 8:47 PM #377083

Need to get that right!

But….

Did y'all see the video of the MOM getting up a walking out after the son picked UF over Bama and Tenn.? SHE was mad because SHE wanted him to leave town to get away from local GANGS he has either getting involved with or too close to!! Kid's wanting to get away or even Parents wanting their kid to get away ARE A BIG PROBLEM we face being Group of 5. If we were Power 5, not as much, but till an issue in the choice……
Back to the top

Francois said

David Slavic said

owlsdad said

We are going to have a battle between Robison and Johnson at QB, but either one will at least be considered a more dangerous passer than Driskell or Parr were (not saying they absolutely will be - just saying we will think they will be).  And this means we are going to have an awesome backup QB.  We also have a load of WRs with Wright and McNeal returning and adding Nelson, Durante, and Davis.  Just that list of guys at QB and WR include a bunch of high-level recruits who originally were P5 players (or were supposed to go to big-time schools).

Then throw in Motor, Emmons, Whyte, and Davidson in the backfield.  We are going to need more footballs!!!

Plugged the hole at Center along with some other O-lineman, and added several more (expected) impact players on Defense.

I actually hope this means we can take a handful of the new Freshman and redshirt them.  I'd love to have Littlejohn and Davidson around to pickup after these other guys finish for a couple of seasons.

I think the wrap-up is we got better AND deeper with this class - hard to ask for more than that!
Posted On: Feb 8th 2018, 10:57 AM #377056

Last night on ESPN radio Lane said the first classes were focused on plugging holes we needed in order to compete immediately, and his focus going forward is to start stockpiling talent. I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist.
Posted On: Feb 8th 2018, 10:59 AM #377057

Never was a DJ fan (Maybe I'll be proven wrong with a different system and OC) … I'm hoping the talent level of the newest QB recruits will far exceed DJ's … Regardless it will be a very interesting how it plays out in.
Posted On: Feb 9th 2018, 7:37 PM #377082

Y?
Back to the top

On the mom who got up - per ESPNU Radio she is the birth mother who wanted him to go somewhere else (she had an Alabama sweatshirt on and a Tennessee hat/toboggan).  The kid has been raised by legal guardians, and apparently they wanted the kid to make the decision (but are UF fans).  If you heard the interview with him, he said it was tremendously difficult but that he felt God led him to Gainseville.

The mom may have very valid concerns, but what a way to ruin what should be a significant moment and achievement in this young man's life.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Francois said

Posted On: Feb 9th 2018, 7:37 PM #377082

Y?
Posted On: Feb 10th 2018, 12:21 PM #377085

Decision making mostly … Never allowed plays to develop,and too quick to tuck and run.

Back to the top

With the proper scheme , he will be unreal. Way too much athleticism to not be good.
Back to the top

Regarding De'Andre - hard for me to think anything other than the only problem he will have is with recovering and readjusting after time off.  Had he not had his issues he would have been the starter at FSU at least 11 games for last season.

So put that in perspective.  FAU will have 2 guys battling for the starting role at QB who have been on the roster at FSU and Oklahoma in the last couple of years.  And then we have Littlejohn coming in to either push them or learn from them.  I feel better about the QB role heading into 2018 than I did heading into 2017, and for whatever reason I think Johnson will be out to prove something.
Back to the top
Control functions: