Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 FAU Football Signing Day Thread

Add topic

Thanks for the great, in-depth reporting. I appreciate it and am now encouraged about the future at FAU.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Our ranking has changed slightly (but a very funny slightly).

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2019/all-teams/football

Back to the top

it Obviously sticks out that we're higher on the latest rankings than UCF and USF. Those teams shouldn't be better than us. We're a really hot football program. It seems like if we were in a better conference even more kids would want to play for FAU and we'd be way higher. 
Back to the top

Recruiting rankings are hilarious.  We use the average player ranking when it is higher, we use the team ranking when it is higher.  It is just a marketing tool.  We had the best class in history when we went 5-7 as opposed to the year we went 11-3.  Who cares what our recruiting ranking is? The only stat that matters is WINS. It appears to be a great class. Let's win some games!  Go Owls.  Do we want the #1 recruiting class and finish 9th in the conference or do we want to be 9th in recruiting and win the conference?
Back to the top

fauowl said

Recruiting rankings are hilarious.  We use the average player ranking when it is higher, we use the team ranking when it is higher.  It is just a marketing tool.  We had the best class in history when we went 5-7 as opposed to the year we went 11-3.  Who cares what our recruiting ranking is? The only stat that matters is WINS. It appears to be a great class. Let's win some games!  Go Owls.  Do we want the #1 recruiting class and finish 9th in the conference or do we want to be 9th in recruiting and win the conference?
Posted On: Feb 9th 2019, 10:34 PM #385138

We have been through this ranking debate before.

I will say that the rankings between 40-75 are very similar due to the fact that those athletes are about the same in that middle pack.

On the other hand FAU has never got players like Wynn, Edwards, and Cook right out of high school before. These type of players are the step above of what has ever stepped foot on this campus before.

To make great steak you gotta do a lot of things right, but I'd rather try with NY strip opposed to flank.
Back to the top

I also want to add the thing that gets me most excited about this class is you could just hear and see the genuine excitement of coach Kiffin on the radio and at the event.

You could tell this was way more than just "we love the guys we got'' coach speak.

He knew his staff just hit a home run that day.

Back to the top

fauowl said

Posted On: Feb 9th 2019, 10:34 PM #385138

I have seen on other boards people comment about top recruiting class and the 5-7 record.  That year's recruits typically have little to no impact on that year's outcome.  We need to look 2,3 and 4 years down the road to see how these classes are have an effect on the record.

I don't follow recruiting very closely because there are always some many changes but I would sure rather start with the top class based on any ranking then the bottom.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Sure. The true impact of this recruiting class won't be felt for a while.

A lot of our JUCO transfers underachieved so this is a good sign of the future. I think we have a couple of immediate impact players in this class that will really infuse our offense.
Back to the top

That's some great information. It seemed to me like Kiffin wasn't having any fun last year. Obviously it was because of the record, but he didn't seem happy like he was in 2017. Know I know that he had tricks up his sleeve and was waiting for this record class to come in. I learned my lesson. Never underestimate Lane Kiffin
Back to the top
Control functions: