Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3* Kissimmee Osceola RB Malcolm Davidson Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

"Don't get me wrong - the transfers are tremendous and are helping us with immediate impact.  But I like to see the high school kids coming in."

100% agreed! I AM a big fan of JUCOs filling holes and needs but to me 6-8 a year is good topped 2-4 transfers with 13-17 HIGH LEVEL HS recruits (3* OR HIGHER!) in a full class.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

"Don't get me wrong - the transfers are tremendous and are helping us with immediate impact.  But I like to see the high school kids coming in."

100% agreed! I AM a big fan of JUCOs filling holes and needs but to me 6-8 a year is good topped 2-4 transfers with 13-17 HIGH LEVEL HS recruits (3* OR HIGHER!) in a full class.
Posted On: Jan 24th 2018, 10:28 AM #376631

I'm assuming we really are only going to have Kiffin for one or two more years, and I really want the next staff to have good players to work with. Partridge was a great recruiter, and that helped Kiffin a lot when he got here. I want the next staff to have a lot to work with to win quickly, and not go into another 8-10 years of rebuilding.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

I'm assuming we really are only going to have Kiffin for one or two more years, and I really want the next staff to have good players to work with. Partridge was a great recruiter, and that helped Kiffin a lot when he got here. I want the next staff to have a lot to work with to win quickly, and not go into another 8-10 years of rebuilding.
Posted On: Jan 24th 2018, 10:35 AM #376634

For sure, I think if Coach P HAD brought in 5-6 JUCOS (to fill holes and IMMEDIATE NEEDS) a year he would still be here
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

For sure, I think if Coach P HAD brought in 5-6 JUCOS (to fill holes and IMMEDIATE NEEDS) a year he would still be here
Posted On: Jan 24th 2018, 10:43 AM #376638

Possibly but at the end of the day Partridge was an awful game day coach and getting his team prepared for games. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

GeorgiaOwl said

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

Possibly but at the end of the day Partridge was an awful game day coach and getting his team prepared for games. 
Posted On: Jan 24th 2018, 10:44 AM #376639

I agree with both - I think he would have won a few more games just due to having more talent, but he was also horrific when it came to conditioning, developing, and coaching games. I guess I should be glad he never recruited JUCO guys, since we might be stuck with a bunch of 5-7 or 6-6 seasons, still looking for a bowl game. I'd definitely trade those 3-9 seasons for the Lane Train.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

DeltAlumnus said

GeorgiaOwl said

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Jan 24th 2018, 10:44 AM #376639

I agree with both - I think he would have won a few more games just due to having more talent, but he was also horrific when it came to conditioning, developing, and coaching games. I guess I should be glad he never recruited JUCO guys, since we might be stuck with a bunch of 5-7 or 6-6 seasons, still looking for a bowl game. I'd definitely trade those 3-9 seasons for the Lane Train.
Posted On: Jan 24th 2018, 10:51 AM #376640

Yup! WE LUCKED OUT!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: