Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

4-star RB Jordan Scarlett decommits from FAU

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

owlcountry40 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Get your stuff together Jordan. Your decommits (FAU AND UM) and drug use DON'T show a lot of good character!
Posted On: Dec 28th 2015, 3:17 PM #353421

Please stop with the Character stuff.
If I were to drug test right a team now randomly most would fail.
I cant tell how many FAU's players were smoking pot when I went to school and I am sure many do now, but who cares players get tested maybe twice a year and usually get wind of it before it happens.

Posted On: Dec 28th 2015, 3:27 PM #353423

Sorry, but the NFL and ALL employers like to hire people of good charcter. using an illegal substance and endangering your own eligibility and letting your teammates down is NOT a good thing!

I wish Jordan the best but he needs to improve his decision making in many aspects it appears. And personally I do not endorse the use of any drugs weather the current 'culture' wants it legalized or not. IT IS a DOORWAY drug to harder more dangerous drugs, the first step into a drug 'culture' nobody wants to be a slave too, if they realize it yet or not!
Posted On: Dec 28th 2015, 3:55 PM #353424
This old argument.
I don't know if you listen to the Dan Lebatard, but he has a couple interviews with players where they have said up to 50 percent of the league uses weed.
The NFL truly doesn't care the drug policy is a joke and if you get caught you are truly stupid.
The NFL only has policy, so people like you can sleep at night thinking that athletes you root for a all good and clean. When they get 1 or two guys in the off season you can come out and wave your judge mental figure and questions a young persons character.
Also if you don't support ''gateway drugs'' well please boycott FAU who sells alcohol and the NFL who lives off gambling. 44 percent of Americans have admitted to trying weed and they aren't all in a ally shooting heroin because it was a gateway.
I'm sure you were the perfect clean teen and college student.
Please take your 1950 conservative arguments somewhere else its 2015.

Back to the top

I must say, I always enjoy when a 20-something explains how the world works to a 50-something :Big-Grin:

I can't speak for GaOwl, but have no problem speaking for myself (I am a 50-something). I went to high school in the 70s. Do you think there were weed and drugs around in the 70s haha? I moved to So. Fla in 79 after HS. Do you think there were any drugs in So. Fla in the early 80s (again, haha). You could literally go to the beach and bales of weed , and kilos of "other stuff" would wash up on a daily basis.

But then I went through a period I like to call "Growing Up."

I think this is the "character" issue us old people like to discuss.  I don't give a crap that Scarlett or any other recruit smokes weed. I care that some of them have a difficult time getting to the "Growing up" portion of their life. You make choices in your life. If you choose to be a student-athlete you have rules. If you work for a company, you have rules, if you go to school, you have rules, if you belong to certain organizations, you have rules. If you have a homeowners association, you have rules.

You don't have to agree with the rules and can think they are stupid (and many are stupid), but if you want to be a part of that group, you either accept them or don't accept them and move on elsewhere.

There are tons of 5 star athletes who do not make it because they didn't grow up at a rate that was required for success at their level. Same at the professional level.

It has less to do with the individual act, and more about their inability to do what is required as a responsible grown up.

If the rule to keep a scholarship is: you can't eat Marsh Mellows, then don't eat Marsh Mellows...unless you want to pay your own way.
Back to the top

Well said and I agree with ya 100%!

All through life you are and will be faced with choices and the actual choices you make will define you.

Yes I grew up in the 60's and 70's, an era known for it's drug use, and am proud that I did not take drugs, did'nt feel the need to.t I was happy and healthy as I was and did'nt need to get stoned or high for whatever reason people do so.

To each their own as they say. I chose to NOT blow my hard earned $$$ on drugs and don't have to fear any legal repercussions nor physical or mental damage for doing so. Think about it, it IS called DOPE for a reason and not just because people can act "dopey" while being "high" on pot.

Again, my choice, you choose to do what you will.

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Well said and I agree with ya 100%!

All through life you are and will be faced with choices and the actual choices you make will define you.

Yes I grew up in the 60's and 70's, an era known for it's drug use, and am proud that I did not take drugs, did'nt feel the need to.t I was happy and healthy as I was and did'nt need to get stoned or high for whatever reason people do so.

To each their own as they say. I chose to NOT blow my hard earned $$$ on drugs and don't have to fear any legal repercussions nor physical or mental damage for doing so. Think about it, it IS called DOPE for a reason and not just because people can act "dopey" while being "high" on pot.

Again, my choice, you choose to do what you will.

Posted On: Dec 28th 2015, 10:19 PM #353427

Doesn't give you the right to question anyone's character who does.....
Its like with Winston last year or Johnny this year, people are always the most moral when they get to point the figure at someone else.
People tend to ignore their own vices when someone else is committing them.

Back to the top

Anyone else chuckle a little bit at his draft selection.  Thought he decommitted and went to UF to improve his draft potential.  80 selections after an FAU Rb picked in the same draft.  Lol.  Honestly was a little surprised he was drafted at all and didnt have to go the FA route.  

Yeah I'm being that guy.
Back to the top

Yep, hilarious…Tweeted this out…including the most ironic portion of his decomittment  :Laughing:

Back to the top

Rick said

Yep, hilarious…Tweeted this out…including the most ironic portion of his decomittment  :Laughing:

Posted On: Apr 27th 2019, 4:43 PM #386076

Ha. Dont have twitter but Just saw it on the home page.  Ain't Karma a B.  
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

Rick said

Posted On: Apr 27th 2019, 5:03 PM #386077

Motor did carry the ball over 700 times in 3 years. 
He technically wasn’t wrong. 
Back to the top

Also the Jordan Scarlett commitment was more of favor to his RB coach and was never going to come here. 

Harriott was using an 17 year old to get his name out and boost it. Puts the kid in an awkward situation when he had to publicly decommit. 

Harriott just got fined at STA for contacting kids he shouldn’t have been. 

Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Roscoeowl said

Rick said

Posted On: Apr 27th 2019, 5:03 PM #386077

Motor did carry the ball over 700 times in 3 years. 
He technically wasn’t wrong. 

Posted On: Apr 27th 2019, 5:10 PM #386078

Yeah yeah.  I know what the kid said.  Point is he shoulda just decommitted and and shut the F up. U wanna defend a guy like that then whatever, who knows maybe the whole fraud and suspensions deal was a part of his master plan to save his his body even more lol.  By the way is this an FAU message board or a gaytor board.  C'mon guy, I even said said "yes I'm being that guy today".  Lol. .  
Back to the top
Control functions: