Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Anyone remember Baker Mayfield???

Add topic

good news, he's back on the market!

He's transferring from Tech and will not play in their bowl game, he's looking for schools.
Back to the top

teambeer said

He's transferring from Tech and will not play in their bowl game, he's looking for schools.
Posted On: Dec 12th 2013, 10:31 AM #323986

kid sounds like a head case….walks a way from a scholarship offer to walk on somewhere else, then gets the job…then wants to transfer….I think our QB situation is settled (I hope).
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

teambeer said

Posted On: Dec 12th 2013, 10:31 AM #323986

kid sounds like a head case….walks a way from a scholarship offer to walk on somewhere else, then gets the job…then wants to transfer….I think our QB situation is settled (I hope).
Posted On: Dec 12th 2013, 10:47 AM #323988

Agreed!

Guess he is "upset" ( especially for the nazi word censor program) at not getting his job back while the BOWL ELIGIBLE and INVITED Texas Tech Red Raiders LOST THEIR LAST 5 GAMES!
Back to the top

So he turned out to be the real deal….didn't come here on scholarship.
Walked on at Texas Tech ended up starting a bunch of games. Transferred to Oklahoma, walked on and became starter and the rest is history…..

can you imagine….his talent here in cusa….
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

So he turned out to be the real deal….didn't come here on scholarship.
Walked on at Texas Tech ended up starting a bunch of games. Transferred to Oklahoma, walked on and became starter and the rest is history…..

can you imagine….his talent here in cusa….
Posted On: Nov 29th 2015, 12:21 AM #352617

Or if we kept Daughty or got Paxton Lynch instead of Memphis. Think we might be slightly better than 3-9? But we have a stud recruiter now, so the future is his to prove his value it that regard.
Back to the top

I understand he has talent but I doubt he comes here, which is for the best anyway since I think it sends the wrong message if we start a guy who didn't want us over good quarterbacks who did. Probably a stupid/crazy idea but that's my opinion.

Besides it's not a position of need for is right now.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Posted On: Nov 29th 2015, 3:48 PM #352641

We're not in a hole, but Ideally you take one every class…

Back to the top

Don't we only have 2 quarterbacks for next yr? Perhaps the staff will weigh putting Tyler Cameron back at qb for depth? 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Don't we only have 2 quarterbacks for next yr? Perhaps the staff will weigh putting Tyler Cameron back at qb for depth? 
Posted On: Nov 29th 2015, 8:03 PM #352646

According to the roster online, there are 2 other freshman walk on QBs on the team.  I'm guessing Cameron would probably be the 3rd QB though if it ever came to that…or we will add one to this recruiting class.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

I understand he has talent but I doubt he comes here, which is for the best anyway since I think it sends the wrong message if we start a guy who didn't want us over good quarterbacks who did. Probably a stupid/crazy idea but that's my opinion.

Posted On: Nov 29th 2015, 3:48 PM #352641

Lol no he isn't coming here….he is in the running for the heisman this year….I wasn't saying maybe he would come here. My post was from two years ago…which was after he was an FAU commit but decided not to take our scholly and walk on at Texas tech, three years later he is starting at Oklahoma and one of the best college abs in the country. My point was we had him at one point.
Back to the top
Control functions: