Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Anyone remember Baker Mayfield???

Add topic

Dinger said

i am moving forward. that's the beauty of america. i can say that i'm glad something is done-talk about the next phase and not have to worry about the opinions of homer morons who see everything with rose colored glasses.  I'm aware of his graduation status, though it wasn't "early", if you recall he did JC and Redshirted. You are small

Posted On: Nov 30th 2015, 4:59 PM #352659

You are the small one because you mix up not showing class by making a negative remark about a college kid and the first amendment.  But you are right, that is the beauty of America.  Even stupid people can make comments.

To repeat.  The point is you don't have to make a disparaging comment of a college kid who only did what he was suppose to and that is graduate.  You are micro-small.
Back to the top

Opinions are like a holes everyone has one and most of them stink ;-)
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Just committed to UF.
Posted On: Nov 30th 2015, 3:33 PM #352654
Are you referring to Feleipe Franks ? I don't think he was ever considering us. He's the #4 QB-PP in the nation

I thought we were targeting 3 star Steven Frank from Illinois (#31 QB-PP)
Posted On: Nov 30th 2015, 3:39 PM #352655

Sorry, my bad!
Back to the top

Quez did not progress his senior year, weather by injury or play or Offensive play calling, poorly designed plays and even receivers quitting on their routes many times.

He is just one guy and unfortunately for him and FAU, his injury did limit his game and allowed the D's to attack him more.

But still, thanks to Quez for all he has done and tried to do and congrats on the degrees he will leave FAU with!And Quez will ALWAYS be an Owl!
Back to the top

teambeer said

Goes to show how if you catch a break, a QB works out like that kid and we have a different season on our hands.

That said, Jeff Driskel was the worlds greatest QB coming out of high school…they don't always work out. Sure would be nice to find out though!  :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Sep 7th 2013, 9:08 PM #316982

You may have spoken too soon, while he wasnt great at Florida this season at Lousiana tech he threw for 3200 yards
and 24 touchdowns
Back to the top

Dinger said

i am moving forward. that's the beauty of america. i can say that i'm glad something is done-talk about the next phase and not have to worry about the opinions of homer morons who see everything with rose colored glasses.  I'm aware of his graduation status, though it wasn't "early", if you recall he did JC and Redshirted. You are small

Posted On: Nov 30th 2015, 4:59 PM #352659
I believe he graduated high school in 2012 and played 1 year at a CC due to an injury he had in HS, which would mean he graduated college early.  He was then our starting QB in 2013 which would mean he was never redshirted… Just wanted to point that out
Back to the top

voss749 said

teambeer said

Goes to show how if you catch a break, a QB works out like that kid and we have a different season on our hands.

That said, Jeff Driskel was the worlds greatest QB coming out of high school…they don't always work out. Sure would be nice to find out though!  :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Sep 7th 2013, 9:08 PM #316982

You may have spoken too soon, while he wasnt great at Florida this season at Lousiana tech he threw for 3200 yards
and 24 touchdowns
Posted On: Nov 30th 2015, 9:06 PM #352666

That goes to show how the system and circumstances can really make or break the player, good for him too, all signs point to him being a nice guy and a hard worker, he deserves it.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

Dinger said

i am SOOOO glad the Quez reign of terror is over. Probably a nice kid, not a good QB.  As much as i hope Parr is the future at FAU, i'm not so sure he needs to be crowned just yet. Driskel had some really solid moments this season and is THE reason we won the OD game.  Also—–Fire Wright

Posted On: Nov 30th 2015, 3:51 PM #352656

Is it really necessary to be so negative about Quez?  He only graduated early and now he's working on his masters.  He worked hard for us, he got hurt and was never healthy.  Things didn't work out the way we had all hoped.  Just move forward, you don't have to type every tiny thought that comes across your peanut brain.

Posted On: Nov 30th 2015, 4:46 PM #352657

Peanut brain? I've seen others I trouble for less on this forum.
Rick if your going to call a game you better call it fair.
Guest aren't you the one who has cried on this forum that it has gotten to ugly at times? Please all you do is take shots and run.
If you want you can debate me or someone else on the podcasting sure that can be set up.
Until just keep being a coward.

Go Owls say what you want about a kid preformence on th field. What your saying is isn't false.
I have met Quez multiple times and he is a great man,
But this is a sports forum where we talk about sports and its players and if one of them isn't playing well people are allowed to comment on this as long as the comment remain about their on the field preformence.

Back to the top

OC Irritant said

Just move forward, you don't have to type every tiny thought that comes across your peanut brain.

Posted On: Nov 30th 2015, 4:46 PM #352657

Reminder:

Site Rules and Regulations

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material or verbiage which is false, defamatory, derogatory, degrading, belittling, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.

After MUCH feedback from a variety of sources both internal and external, our new policy for failure to observe site rules and regulations is a week off after public warning (which this is), followed by a month, then a permanent dismissal.

There will be no tolerance for this any longer. Everyone needs to make an effort to discuss issues and ideas and not make things personal.

Contrary to other platforms and sites, this is a family oriented atmosphere (which players, staff, and recruits read) and it is going to stay that way.

If anyone wants to argue outside of the public guidelines required, please start a private topic and invite anyone you want; as it is just that - private. It is there for a reason, take advantage of it

Thanks,

Rick
Back to the top

Baker Mayfield is definitely getting some hype in the preseason magazines. Would have been great for that hype to be around an FAU player.
Back to the top
Control functions: