Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 2012 Commit WR Daniel McKinney

Add topic

FAU 2012 Commit WR Daniel McKinney

Rivals lists McKinney as our most coveted recruit. They give him a three-star rating and a 5.7, which makes him our highest rated player. He is a JUCO out of City College San Francisco. Daniel is 6'1, weighs 225 lbs, and runs a 4.5 40.

Daniel McKinney - Yahoo! Sports

I'd like to know a few things about him:

a) Why is there no buzz about him here at the Nest?
b) Why did he commit so late?
c) This kid looks like a monster.
d) Who thinks he will start and be our best receiver? Ever.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Re: FAU 2012 Commit WR Daniel McKinney

Just found this out:

He committed so late because he did not qualify for West Virginia. So he was originally committed there.

While he and Grimes do not play the same position, this kind of makes up for it as WR is a much more needed position for us.

I'd still like to hear everyone's take on him.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

He was highly recruited by WV as he and a SFCC team mate were going to go there. Daniel, like many do , fell a little short credit wise and fell out of WV sights. Syracuse and Arizona State , both of which showed interest, I guess had already filled the schollys and left him high and dry.I don't know if he ever qualified, if he is here, if he isn't here,or if he plans on coming,but he fell into out laps and it was a nice surprise. He knows the spread , he knows 4 and 5  receiver offences and he can run after the catch. You are right that if he shows up and plays , he will be a play maker for us. Coach P has kept very quiet about the product he is going to bring to the field and I like that.
Back to the top

NJOWL said

a) Why is there no buzz about him here at the Nest?

Not… sure he's coming here….

Rivals listed him as committed on 6/8 and on the same day TOS said he didn't commit here, but liked it. That was the last I had heard of this guy. FAU Delt usually handles football recruiting, maybe he knows more.

I do knot that he's not listed on the most recent 2012 Roster either. That could change, of course, but for now it looks like he might have gone somewhere else.

Back to the top

Yea. He's not on the FAU web page as a 2012 signing class member.  Like I said in the last post "like many of them do", he faded away. JUCO's are tricky. I'm still holding my breath on German. And I will until he is in uniform.
Back to the top

Local said

Yea. He's not on the FAU web page as a 2012 signing class member.  Like I said in the last post "like many of them do", he faded away. JUCO's are tricky. I'm still holding my breath on German. And I will until he is in uniform.

I have tweeted German a few times over the past few months and he has always responded with enthusiasm.

When our DC moved over to SoCal, I had tweeted him something along the lines of "How about surprising people at FAU and tearing up his secondary in a bowl game" - he responded with "You already know the plan"

Albeit that was a while ago, he is listed on the Media Guide, and he has tweeted his desire to take this team to the next level. I'm excited. Kid has a chance to change this program forever.

Time keeps on slippin' into the future
Back to the top

Guess we find out in 4 days who arrives and registers with the program on Monday!

But Rivals does still show him committed here and nowhere else still so cross your fingers. And hope maybe the Coaches have a few good surprises too to make up for the usual no-shows (usually not academically qualifying yet or cleared by the NCAA yet).
Back to the top

Hit the guy up on FB or Twitter and ask him what the deal is…sure he will tell you!

Besides…inquiring minds want to see what Chris Gilchrist will achieve…….

;D
Back to the top

Rick said

Hit the guy up on FB or Twitter and ask him what the deal is…sure he will tell you!

Besides…inquiring minds want to see what Chris Gilchrist will achieve…….

;D

I would, but i cannot find his twitter anywhere…

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

It seems as though McKinney visited FAU in June and put us on the top of his list. However, nothing shows he has made a commitment just yet. Lets hope come Monday this kid decided to make the wise decision in becoming an OWL. and yes he is a beast WR if all the pieces start to fall with Mr.carter and others such as MG3 the owls will poise a threat this year in the Sun-belt.

Boca Raton Home of your friendly neighborhood FAU.
Back to the top
Control functions: