Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 2012 Commit WR Daniel McKinney

Add topic

Re: FAU 2012 Commit WR Daniel McKinney

FAU 2012 Commit WR Daniel McKinney

XC said

Lets hope come Monday this kid decided to make the wise decision in becoming an OWL. and yes he is a beast WR if all the pieces start to fall with Mr.carter and others such as MG3 the owls will poise a threat this year in the Sun-belt.

Carter likely won't get a shot to play for FAU this year but next year, sure.
Back to the top

IF the chips fall right, we are loking at going from one of the weakest WR groups in the country to a REAL NICE GROUP of WR's with Carter, McKinney, Gilchrist and Glinton all (we hope) being added to the roster in one year!
Imagine when the Coaches have some time to evaluate and go after recruits in the coming years!
Back to the top

Those are going to have to be some lucky chips.
Back to the top

O.A. is saying that McKinney is here. Can anyone confirm this. McKinney will change the way our WR depth chart looks.
Back to the top

And while we are at it, any word on Mr. Carter yet (attending and/or playing)?

That would REALLY add depth and change everything for our QB's - lots of quality receivers to throw to vs. many Belt D backfields depleted this year! Interesting timing for the new Owls O don't ya think?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

And while we are at it, any word on Mr. Carter yet (attending and/or playing)?

That would REALLY add depth and change everything for our QB's - lots of quality receivers to throw to vs. many Belt D backfields depleted this year! Interesting timing for the new Owls O don't ya think?

I really wouldn't hold much hope that Carter is coming to FAU.  If he does qualify for a wavier all one can wonder is who greased the wheels (unless there is of course some family issue or injury) but all indications are that isn't the case.  I'm willing to bet he'll wind up at Bethune Cookman or Florida A&M…
Back to the top

The said

I really wouldn't hold much hope that Carter is coming to FAU.  If he does qualify for a wavier all one can wonder is who greased the wheels (unless there is of course some family issue or injury) but all indications are that isn't the case.  I'm willing to bet he'll wind up at Bethune Cookman or Florida A&M…

I was under the impression that it wasn't so much about hardship but that he didn't ever see the field at Alabama, so technically he "sat out" for a year… something like that? I don't know all the details.
Back to the top

Local said

O.A. is saying that McKinney is here. Can anyone confirm this. McKinney will change the way our WR depth chart looks.

McKinney is checked in…
Back to the top

Good to hear McKinney is at practice as an OWL. He runs a 4.5 40 yard dash and fits the spread offense that FAU is adapting to. If you take a look at his games at the college of San Fransisco all he does is catch in the slot and takes off right by the defenders.  He will elevate the offense for sure with MG3 tossing the ball to him.

Boca Raton Home of your friendly neighborhood FAU.
Back to the top

Are there any other surprises here for us?

Or any no shows?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: