Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 2016 Class - Sun Sentinel Article

Add topic

Local Owl said

@Walty…in every recruiting class , you hope to have a handful of signees that are locks to be good players. I think we will have that. A couple real good OLmen and DLmen (I'm big on having solid lines). I know one of the LB's won't disappoint. The DB from Royal Palm is great. And I am sure the rest are very good. The key is to not let one position get so lean that it becomes a problem. When Coach Carl took over, the team was very lean. Problems all over the field. I know we have 6-7 players that will develop into very good D-1 players. Walton may be the best. I have heard great things about him. Never seen him,but others are impressed. It looks like the coaches will get a nice variety of players and every position restocked. Charlie hasn't gotten that big name guy yet. But we need some wins and a bowl for that to happen.
Posted On: Jan 31st 2016, 8:25 PM #354229

I hope we do.  I am a big believer in the lines.  Skill players are a dime a dozen in FL it seems.  Its the OL and DL that are tough to recruit.  6'5 athletic kids dont grow on trees.  5'11 DB's kind of do.

I think we are doing pretty well on the lines this recruiting cycle, but it would be great to sign a "lock" at the DE position.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I totally agree.There isn't a more disruptive player on the field. We will be fine next season, but we need to make sure we have the next set of DEs ready to go.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I totally agree.There isn't a more disruptive player on the field. We will be fine next season, but we need to make sure we have the next set of DEs ready to go.
Posted On: Feb 1st 2016, 5:46 AM #354247

I agree with ya there, the DE's look good to go and will put CONSTANT pressure from the outside, it's this years DT's we have to hope play up. And new DE's for next year are a must!
Back to the top

Last year when we said it was our best recruiting class ever, I agreed with that statement. And our freshmen were spectacular last season.

Hope that continues. Hard to know right now.
Back to the top

Pretty cool story on 247. Shows the break down of star ratings of the Super Bowl starters.
Back to the top
Control functions: