Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Class of 2019 Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

Another one off the list.

Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Posted On: Jun 1st 2019, 4:18 PM #386685

unfortunate but even with a few not making FAU's class is still strong. The ones who were close grades wise did not sign an NLI, so they would not count against NCAA calendar year of being able to only take 25 in a year.

The FAU staff said let's get a few high-level tweeners to commit and if we get a couple it is worth it to get a player we would normally not get.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Art Vandelay said

unfortunate but even with a few not making FAU's class is still strong. The ones who were close grades wise did not sign an NLI, so they would not count against NCAA calendar year of being able to only take 25 in a year.

The FAU staff said let's get a few high-level tweeners to commit and if we get a couple it is worth it to get a player we would normally not get.
Posted On: Jun 3rd 2019, 3:18 PM #386720

What about Cam Wynn and Calvin Ashley? Also, any update on Francios? Thanks for all your effort in keeping us informed Shane it is much appreciated 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Art Vandelay said

What about Cam Wynn and Calvin Ashley? Also, any update on Francios? Thanks for all your effort in keeping us informed Shane it is much appreciated 
Posted On: Jun 3rd 2019, 7:28 PM #386723

Calvin Ashley is already in Boca. Met him at my job guy is huge
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

LawOwl said

Art Vandelay said

Calvin Ashley is already in Boca. Met him at my job guy is huge
Posted On: Jun 3rd 2019, 7:29 PM #386724

Good to know. Always appreciate your hot takes Delt! 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Art Vandelay said

I know a couple more guys are waiting on a final test or grade. We will know more in a couple of weeks.

Back to the top

Are we still looking at Cameron Wynn this Spring? I imagine FAU either is or isn't in communication with him (or some middle-ground, re-recruiting?).
Back to the top

Are any of the freshman getting PT besides the running backs? Its not a rhetorical question I really haven't heard much. I know it takes time but the 2019 doesn't seem to be making much immediate impact unless I'm forgetting something.
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

Are any of the freshman getting PT besides the running backs? Its not a rhetorical question I really haven't heard much. I know it takes time but the 2019 doesn't seem to be making much immediate impact unless I'm forgetting something.
Posted On: Sep 18th 2019, 9:06 AM #388768

Many on playing on Sp. Teams.

IT is always a good thing when you do not have to depend on freshmen.
Back to the top

@LawOwl, I will answer your question here.

I think FAU definitely finish with other top 2 CUSA class.

I think the curios part to see is, who they take at WR as there seem to be a number of targets and I can not get a great feel who is at the top of their board.

I also know they are trying to get a couple of JUCO bodies for the OL/DL as that is always a need, but how many remains the question.
Back to the top
Control functions: