Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Class of 2019 Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

IMHO the stream of QB's transferring because they were beat out for the slot shows true weakness and lack of leadership that probably is why they did not start! Just wait til the "new" transfer rules really take effect - it will be free agency for all in the future - how do you plan to build a roster or recruit with that circus that will come!
Posted On: Aug 28th 2018, 1:53 PM #379739

I mean the coaches get to leave whenever they want without consequences……… They don't even have to sit out
Back to the top

Nebraska names their starter, and there is a 4*** recruit whos is a RS FR (Tristan Gebbbia) who lost out that is now looking to transfer.

I get what GeorgiaOwl is saying, but I bet there are plenty of programs now interested in the kid - wouldn't be surprised if FAU is one of them.

Nebraska down to just one scholarship QB after naming Adrian Martinez starter
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

GeorgiaOwl said

IMHO the stream of QB's transferring because they were beat out for the slot shows true weakness and lack of leadership that probably is why they did not start! Just wait til the "new" transfer rules really take effect - it will be free agency for all in the future - how do you plan to build a roster or recruit with that circus that will come!
I mean the coaches get to leave whenever they want without consequences……… They don't even have to sit out
Posted On: Aug 28th 2018, 2:21 PM #379740

+1

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

That is true but imagine you have 22 starters and 22 backups. That is 44 of 85 scholly and over a hundred players overall. Now imagine 25% want to transfer every year. College free agency will be UGLY is all I am saying.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

That is true but imagine you have 22 starters and 22 backups. That is 44 of 85 scholly and over a hundred players overall. Now imagine 25% want to transfer every year. College free agency will be UGLY is all I am saying.
Posted On: Aug 28th 2018, 6:14 PM #379746

Honestly, if Alabama's second string wants to transfer to FAU for more PT, I'm okay with that.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Aug 28th 2018, 2:21 PM #379740

It's too bad they cant restrict the coaches.  Should be able to.

Anyway - transferring more freely is a great thing for schools like FAU.  Not so good for the big schools that woo these kids in as HS seniors to basically build depth.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Darrin Smith, Lone Star, All Purpose Back

…was visiting yesterday (unless he didn't?). Does anyone know if we have recruits at the game today? It's been quieter than I remember.
Back to the top

We are under the gun some this year from a recruiting standpoint. Kiffin’s first 2 classes haven’t yielded much and the 2 deep is full of seniors and very likely early departure from Singletary. I don’t follow any other schools as closely from a recruiting standpoint but do transfers normally not pan out/ not show up. A lot of media tried to portray us as Last Chance U last season and the team winning with high profile transfers but honestly none of those guys play. Maybe Weiss Jr will be a dynamic recruiter to make up for his lack up experience coaching, but I kind of doubt it. 
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

We are under the gun some this year from a recruiting standpoint. Kiffin’s first 2 classes haven’t yielded much and the 2 deep is full of seniors and very likely early departure from Singletary. I don’t follow any other schools as closely from a recruiting standpoint but do transfers normally not pan out/ not show up. A lot of media tried to portray us as Last Chance U last season and the team winning with high profile transfers but honestly none of those guys play. Maybe Weiss Jr will be a dynamic recruiter to make up for his lack up experience coaching, but I kind of doubt it. 
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2018, 1:07 PM #382368

The recruiting needs to pick up this year IMO. The first class was great with such limited time, but last year's was a disappointment IMO, especially with a lot of the JUCOs flaming out. It was a small class, but this class is very important. I'd expect Lane to be able to separate from the rest of the pack in the conference, and while we certainly got high caliber HS recruits in the first two classes, there really isn't a whole lot of separation from the other top recruiting programs in the conference.

Back to the top

I wish Kiffin would send someone up to scout this kid that is a grandson of friends of mine. He is in contention for USA Today Midwestern Player of the Year. He goes to a small Catholic School (2A) here in Decatur. As a running back he has 36 rushing TDs and 3 receiving TDs. He also plays safety. The Kid is all over the news up here. I think the only reason he is 3* is because of the small school he goes to.
All I can do is mention FAU and brag a bit. I'm not a recruiter.

Lane, if you are watching, look at this. He might be leaning to Iowa. He isn't committed yet. I think he's a good student.

Jacardia Wright, 2019 Athlete - Rivals.com

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: