Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Class of 2019 Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

Jack D Whidden III said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Kahlil and Cam Overton twin WR have both have both committed to Western Illinois.

I will say they are both very much in play for FAU. This could be a numbers game with some other WR's in play for FAU.

Next few days will be crazy.
Posted On: Feb 2nd 2019, 7:52 PM #384955

Would love to have them in Boca strictly for the memes.
Posted On: Feb 3rd 2019, 11:53 AM #384965

They both have size. I think they can play at this level.

Size + can catch the ball = better than what we have now

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Surely. They both have a lot going for them physically and athletically to make really good WRs. They're just a bit unproven. It would have been quite risky for us to take both. Especially when we don't have tons of spare scholarships.
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Jack D Whidden III said

Kahlil and Cam Overton twin WR have both have both committed to Western Illinois.

I will say they are both very much in play for FAU. This could be a numbers game with some other WR's in play for FAU.

Posted On: Feb 3rd 2019, 12:48 PM #384967

My thoughts as well. Looked real good on the film, catch ball at high point and with being tall - HUGE ADVANTAGE over CUSA corners!
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Jack D Whidden III said

Posted On: Feb 3rd 2019, 12:48 PM #384967

Let's not forget we have other targets.

Eyon Cole was on campus this weekend and JD Martin who visited on the 12th are both very much in play.

Also as I reported Glover Cook was on campus as well. He is listed as RB, but some who have seen him play say he might be able to play WR.

Back to the top

I am doing the pod tonight if anyone has any recruiting questions please post!!!
Back to the top

I have some topics/questions 

- is the emphasis on high school over juco/transfer players coincidence or the beginning of a trend?

- what players in the fold have the best chance to contribute? (This is just speculation but still fun to discuss)

- any similarities between guys that are coming in, to past players. X player reminds me of Y. 

- how does FAU’s class stack up against the rest of CUSA?
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

I have some topics/questions 

- is the emphasis on high school over juco/transfer players coincidence or the beginning of a trend?

- what players in the fold have the best chance to contribute? (This is just speculation but still fun to discuss)

- any similarities between guys that are coming in, to past players. X player reminds me of Y. 

- how does FAU’s class stack up against the rest of CUSA?
Posted On: Feb 4th 2019, 3:18 PM #384975

I will answer all of these thank you these are great.
Back to the top

Thanks, I’ll hang up and listen..
Back to the top

Expert: FIU Panthers outrecruiting FAU Owls | Miami Herald

If I still had hair, I'd rip it from my own head AND RAM IT DOWN THEIR THROATS!. G*d! Freaking FIU, man. 101-38? Yea, they're doing great.
Back to the top

“FIU is out-recruiting FAU right now,” Fishbein said. “Butch has always done a good job of identifying diamonds in the rough. Lane is looking more at graduate transfers and junior-college kids."

This guy need to do a little more research…besides, there is nothing concrete in the article to support the first sentence whatsoever, it's completely objective and opinion based.

Next…
Back to the top
Control functions: