Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Grade the 2014 FAU Football Recruiting Class

Add topic

How do you grade the 2014 FAU Football Recruiting Class

A - Excellent
B - Solid & Filled Needs
C - Could Have Done Better
D - Barely Passing
F - Unacceptable

Rick, have you ever considered making polls for past classes so we could see how are thoughts and opinions have changed?
Back to the top

I voted C but really meant C+ B- Charlie did a great Job putting a class together in the short time. This might be one of FAU's better classes in our history, that's not saying much. The problem with this class is the fact it is top heavy there is still kids who we were there only D-1 offer.
Much of that has to due with much of the that is the kids that Carl was already bringing in. They kinda hurt the class.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I voted C but really meant C+ B- Charlie did a great Job putting a class together in the short time. This might be one of FAU's better classes in our history, that's not saying much. The problem with this class is the fact it is top heavy there is still kids who we were there only D-1 offer.
Much of that has to due with much of the that is the kids that Carl was already bringing in. They kinda hurt the class.
Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 11:24 AM #327571

I agree C+/B-
Back to the top

In the end this class finished 8th in C-USA very Meh. But I do think we will make huge jumps when we have 365 to put together a class.
Back to the top

10 "points" separates 3 from 8. Less than two between 6 and 8.

If someone writes a better article or two on one of our guys we are just as easily there.

Pap and drivel…
Back to the top

I am clueless on grading high school athletes.  I only get to see highlight films and they all usually look good to me.  While I do enjoy hearing that we have a great class every year, the only thing that really matters is if we get better on the field every year.  If we are ranked the worst in recruiting in CUSA, but we win…then it is meaningless.  if we are ranked the best in CUSA in recruiting, but we lose…then it is meaningless to me.

With all of that said, I went to the signing event last night at the stadium and thought it was the best signing day event so far.  It was great to talk to the coaches and hear their enthusiasm for the program.  We are heading in the right direction.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Rick said

If someone writes a better article or two on one of our guys we are just as easily there.

Pap and drivel…
Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 12:20 PM #327575
If you use 247's class calculator with The Owls Current Class and add Pierce (+18.67) and Mathews (+11.31), the total points come out to be 131.51 which puts us into 3rd. Under 247's point list we had 8 guys under 1 point which hurts the totals, doesn't mean they are good prospects.

1st 162.54
2nd 141.51
Back to the top

Boozie132 said

Rick said

Pap and drivel…
Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 12:20 PM #327575

If you use 247's class calculator with The Owls Current Class and add Pierce (+18.67) and Mathews (+11.31), the total points come out to be 131.51 which puts us into 3rd. Under 247's point list we had 8 guys under 1 point which hurts the totals.

1st 162.54
2nd 141.51
Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 1:33 PM #327578

Have you also tried taking into account Buie (JCO), Dorvilus (has us on top), Horton (holds a few offers) and Elliott (contender)…
Back to the top

fauowl said

I am clueless on grading high school athletes.  I only get to see highlight films and they all usually look good to me.  While I do enjoy hearing that we have a great class every year, the only thing that really matters is if we get better on the field every year.  If we are ranked the worst in recruiting in CUSA, but we win…then it is meaningless.  if we are ranked the best in CUSA in recruiting, but we lose…then it is meaningless to me.

With all of that said, I went to the signing event last night at the stadium and thought it was the best signing day event so far.  It was great to talk to the coaches and hear their enthusiasm for the program.  We are heading in the right direction.

Go Owls!!
Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 1:25 PM #327576

:-]
Back to the top

owlmart said

Rick, have you ever considered making polls for past classes so we could see how are thoughts and opinions have changed?
Posted On: Feb 6th 2014, 10:50 AM #327569

No, not really…but you can if you would like!
Back to the top
Control functions: