Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Latest Class of 2020 Addition Eli Fields Talks About His Commitment to FAU

Add topic

FAU Head Coach Willie Taggart has landed his first commitment of the new decade in Butler Community College offensive tackle Eli fields.

The New Jersey native played a year at The Milford Academy prep school in New Berlin, New York before attending Junior College.

"I was planning on going back to Butler for a semester before my recruitment quickly picked up after the early signing period.''

Fields quickly picked up offers from North Texas, New Mexico State, and the University of Massachusetts.

FAU offensive line coach Jeff Norrid had offered Fields during the season, but it was unclear where that offer stood after Lane Kiffin left for Ole Miss.

But Fields was very impressed with Coach Taggart when he visited Boca Raton this past weekend, which made his decision an easy one, and removed any uncertainty.

"I really loved meeting Coach Taggart", Fields said. "He definitely has me excited to play for him.''

The 6-5' 300 lbs framed tackle told FAUOwlsNest.com that he is coming in to "play and compete right away,'' while going on to say that left tackle is his preferred position, but that he can play on the right side as well.

Fields will be enrolling for the upcoming spring semester and will be competing with redshirt sophomore Devin Hayes for the starting left tackle vacancy since All-Conference C-USA tackle Brandon Walton has graduated.

Stay locked into FAUOlwsnest.com as the final national signing day for the 2020 class quickly approaches on February 5th, 2020.

Related Links

FAU Football Class of 2020 Land Commit from Offensive Tackle Eli Fields - FAU Owl's Nest

2020 FAU Football Commit List - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top
Control functions: