Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Marquese Dudley-Gordon Committs to FAU!

Add topic

This guy is awesome. Good work FAU!

Errbody committing to the Owls right now  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Sun-Sentinel Article

FAU lands Cypress Bay safety Dudley-Gordon - Sun Sentinel

WESTON—
Cypress Bay safety Marquese Dudley-Gordon enjoyed every interaction he had during his senior season with Arkansas assistant Charlie Partridge.

Dudley-Gordon, however, also liked the idea of staying closer to home. So when Partridge was hired as FAU's head coach in December, it increased the chances of Dudley-Gordon staying around. He made his decision official Wednesday committing to FAU.

"It stood out for me because I wanted to stay home and be closer to my family," he said. "The school is rising with the athletes they're getting. So I wanted to be a part of that."

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Great pick up!  Cypress Bay has had a pretty good program the last couple of years.  Plus its always a good to see someone from your old High school sign with your College.   
Back to the top

owlfamily said

"The school is rising with the athletes they're getting. So I wanted to be a part of that."

Posted On: Jan 15th 2014, 2:51 PM #326173

I'm not giving him all of the credit, but this is the sort of momentum that comes from a 5* player committing to your program…FAU has all of a sudden become a "cool" place to sign

Keep this momentum rolling!
Back to the top

Marquese is an absolute BAD A.....Way to go FAU . Lets keep rolling. Welcome to the Owl family Marquese.
Back to the top

teambeer said

owlfamily said

"The school is rising with the athletes they're getting. So I wanted to be a part of that."

Posted On: Jan 15th 2014, 2:51 PM #326173

I'm not giving him all of the credit, but this is the sort of momentum that comes from a 5* player committing to your program…FAU has all of a sudden become a "cool" place to sign

Keep this momentum rolling!
Posted On: Jan 15th 2014, 4:16 PM #326175

It may also have something to do with UF going 4-8 and USF going 2-10. FAU picked the right year to become good again.

Back to the top

teambeer said

Posted On: Jan 15th 2014, 4:16 PM #326175

Haven't seen him rated higher than 4 stars… Rivals, Scout and 247 all have him at 4… was he 5 stars somewhere else?

Or did he drop from 5 to 4 when he committed to FAU?

Back to the top

Nice to get his verbal but look at this chart and se how badly we are doing in Broward County recruiting;

Broward County Class of 2014 Football Recruiting Rankings - Sun Sentinel

FAU 2, NORTHERN ILLINOIS 4!

We gotta change this and soon!
Back to the top

Even though it is good to celebrate WR and DB recruits what we need are lineman and linebackers. If we keep recruiting QB, WR and DB's it will not help. We need big, fast, tough, smart lineman and linebackers. We need a lot of them. Unfortunately, FAU has recruited too many WR and DB's We need to become far more aggressive to find the lineman and linebackers.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Nice to get his verbal but look at this chart and se how badly we are doing in Broward County recruiting;

Broward County Class of 2014 Football Recruiting Rankings - Sun Sentinel

FAU 2, NORTHERN ILLINOIS 4!

We gotta change this and soon!
Posted On: Jan 15th 2014, 6:21 PM #326182
I agree that there's a ton of talent in this area but here's the thing. We can only sign, what, 25 players in a given class so even if our roster is 100% from the tri-county area there will always be enough athletes left over to commit to places like Northern Illinois. So you can't get too worked up over that.

And we're not going to land every good player here, obviously. Case in point: Teddy Bridgewater played at Miami Northwestern. He had offers from UF, USF, Florida and FIU. Still left the state and went to Louisville.
Back to the top
Control functions: