Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Marquese Dudley-Gordon Committs to FAU!

Add topic

Guest said

Even though it is good to celebrate WR and DB recruits what we need are lineman and linebackers. If we keep recruiting QB, WR and DB's it will not help. We need big, fast, tough, smart lineman and linebackers. We need a lot of them. Unfortunately, FAU has recruited too many WR and DB's We need to become far more aggressive to find the lineman and linebackers.
Posted On: Jan 15th 2014, 6:22 PM #326183

I agree with linemen, but I think we do pretty well at the LB spot
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

Nice to get his verbal but look at this chart and se how badly we are doing in Broward County recruiting;

Broward County Class of 2014 Football Recruiting Rankings - Sun Sentinel

FAU 2, NORTHERN ILLINOIS 4!

We gotta change this and soon!
Posted On: Jan 15th 2014, 6:21 PM #326182
I agree that there's a ton of talent in this area but here's the thing. We can only sign, what, 25 players in a given class so even if our roster is 100% from the tri-county area there will always be enough athletes left over to commit to places like Northern Illinois. So you can't get too worked up over that.

And we're not going to land every good player here, obviously. Case in point: Teddy Bridgewater played at Miami Northwestern. He had offers from UF, USF, Florida and FIU. Still left the state and went to Louisville.
Posted On: Jan 15th 2014, 7:34 PM #326190

All very true but we still can't be outrecruited for local kids by a MAC team as we have been for years now actually! ESPECIALLY if we are not gonna recruit JUCOS as much.
Face it, the lower level kids (below the elite like Bridgewater OR the many who sign EVERY YEAR at Marshall) are not really ready to play even at SunBelt levels very often. You cannot start 260 LB. OL and not get DOMINATED by the BigBoy OOC teams and even the good Belt and CUSA teams.
So you have to work with them and build them up for 2 years, then they get to play with ZERO starting experience and you get what we got under Howard his last two years. JUCOS have at least been playing in competitive games as starters.
I look at that Top 25 Chart of Broward County recruits and see us with only 2 so far (both today by the way!), and still see 90% going elsewhere and most of it going out of state. I know we can only sing about 25 recruits each year but we need to get 5 of the top 10 in Broward each year (SAME IN PALM BEACH!) to compete. That would be 10 of 25 recruits to FAU each year being 10 of the top 20 local talant to go with others in-state and out-of-state and JUCOS.
Heck, throw in Dade too to help this out, so 10 of the top 30 in S. Florida. Heck throw in the West Coast, Central Florida, North Florida and the Panhandle too. Now we are going for only 10 of the top 80. Can we ever do that? Ten (10) 3 * or 4* in-state recruits plus say 5 (5) out-of-state of the same 3/4* level plus your 5 or so JUCOS. That would be a great recruiting class for a program of FAU's level!

Back to the top

owlmart said

Guest said

Even though it is good to celebrate WR and DB recruits what we need are lineman and linebackers. If we keep recruiting QB, WR and DB's it will not help. We need big, fast, tough, smart lineman and linebackers. We need a lot of them. Unfortunately, FAU has recruited too many WR and DB's We need to become far more aggressive to find the lineman and linebackers.
Posted On: Jan 15th 2014, 6:22 PM #326183

I agree with linemen, but I think we do pretty well at the LB spot
Posted On: Jan 15th 2014, 7:37 PM #326191

Games are won or lost on the line of scrimmage, especially OOC games vs. the BigBoys and we get Bama and Nebraska to open the season this year. Collect the Big Paycheck and pray our QB is still alive. And this year especially with the promise this next season has with Quez leading us.
Back to the top

I wish these guys knew what they are getting into going to schools like NIU. Its not too far from Chicago. About 3 hours from me but Dekalb is surrounded by corn and soybean farms, it is cold and there is no beach. What are they thinking? Its a small city about half the pop of Boca. And did I mention how cold it gets? Plus snow.

There was a QB FAU was after about 5 or 6 years ago, Billy Lowe, Howard wanted him. He chose NIU over FAU and then transfered to GA Southern after his freshman year. I remember reading about Billy when he first committed to FAU. He likes the beach and surfing. I know it was a culture shock to go up there and thats what some of these kids face when they go to northern midwestern schools with a completely different culture than Florida. Most of the school year the fields are bare after harvest which usually begins in September. I can see going to schools with a huge tradition like Ohio State and Michigan though.

View topic: Billy Lowe quiting NIU - Owl's Nest

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: