Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Nationally Ranked #2 JUCO WR Nero Nelson Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

owlmart said

Thurman and MGIII were 4* as well, I believe.
Posted On: Dec 12th 2017, 10:15 AM #375250

:Thinking:

for years we've had to argue that we didn't care about stars and that there are plenty of 2*/No* guys out there that turn into Alfred Morris…which was a coping mechanism for how irrelevant we were in the recruiting game. Finally, we're pulling down kids that other teams want, that have high ratings out of high school/juco…enjoy it. You're going to look back at this and be really bummed that you wasted this run defending the "stars don't matter and there are plenty of busts" argument.

AJ Turman didn't turn out here because he was behind a freaking All American rb in Devin Singletary.
And I'll argue that the Melvin German saga was the most fun I've had in a decade (minus right now of course) following this team.
Back to the top

teambeer said

owlmart said

for years we've had to argue that we didn't care about stars and that there are plenty of 2*/No* guys out there that turn into Alfred Morris…which was a coping mechanism for how irrelevant we were in the recruiting game. Finally, we're pulling down kids that other teams want, that have high ratings out of high school/juco…enjoy it. You're going to look back at this and be really bummed that you wasted this run defending the "stars don't matter and there are plenty of busts" argument.

AJ Turman didn't turn out here because he was behind a freaking All American rb in Devin Singletary.
And I'll argue that the Melvin German saga was the most fun I've had in a decade (minus right now of course) following this team.
Posted On: Dec 14th 2017, 8:19 AM #375299

Ah – the "stars" debates on here were legendary. I can remember thinking we were sure to pull in some 3 *s after the NO bowl win and I think we got 2 that year. Then the excuse was the stadium. Kids should want to play in south Florida/on campus stadium – now with a high profile coach. I predict we will have a monster class this year with a mix of JUCO and HS players.
Back to the top

teambeer said

You're going to look back at this and be really bummed that you wasted this run defending the "stars don't matter and there are plenty of busts" argument.

We have a guy with no stars and another one with two.

:Stars:  :Stars:  :Stars:

:Big-Grin:

But I agree with you…overall if you have mostly two stars and some zeros with a couple three stars thrown in, you will be challenged to succeed unless you have a great coach to mold them and squeeze every ounce of potential out.

And even then you aren't going to be setting the world on fire, just burning a steady light at lower levels of play.
Back to the top

teambeer said

owlmart said

I was pointing out that they were 4*, I could care less about why they didn't play…and no Turman wasn't "behind" Singletary, they moved him to LB well before Motor was Motoring.
Back to the top

Rick said

teambeer said

You're going to look back at this and be really bummed that you wasted this run defending the "stars don't matter and there are plenty of busts" argument.

But I agree with you…overall if you have mostly two stars and some zeros with a couple three stars thrown in, you will be challenged to succeed unless you have a great coach to mold them and squeeze every ounce of potential out.

And even then you aren't going to be setting the world on fire, just burning a steady light at lower levels of play.
Posted On: Dec 14th 2017, 8:52 AM #375301

I would imagine DeSean Holmes will be bumped up to 3* at some point
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Rick said

teambeer said

Posted On: Dec 14th 2017, 10:31 AM #375305

I'd think so – I also think Franklin Jackson may be a 3 in the final rankings. He is borderline 3 now and he is just starting to get exposure. It's tough with the JUCOS because some have been essentially off the grid for maybe 2 years so they could realistically get re-ranked at 2 stars, i.e. McGriff, Tisdale.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Rick said

teambeer said

Posted On: Dec 14th 2017, 10:31 AM #375305

Holmes has now been pegged as a (high) 2*.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Rivals can be SO stupid! Biggest steal of this signing class in the nation if that is so!!!!
Back to the top

AND another 2* steal is Cameron - the guy is another Trevon Coley - check out his video - HIGH motor, SUPER quick off the snap, RELENTLESS!!!!! :Big-Grin:
Back to the top
Control functions: