Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Quarterback Anthony Romphf Commits to FAU Football's Class of 2020

Add topic

LawOwl said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

LawOwl said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

voss749 said

jgf2017 said

I hope the move is made to the AAC. If we just have one great year where we are in the polls and on tv with maybe an upset somewhere and the talks should
Begin 
Posted On: Jun 12th 2019, 5:26 PM #386781

One great year wont do it, we need to be able to win consistently to build attendance numbers that also includes increasing the number of students living on campus. When you have 10,000+ students living on campus getting average attendance over 20k a game becomes doable. When you get average attendance over 20k a game, TV rights becomes more valuable.
Posted On: Jun 12th 2019, 5:41 PM #386782

The AAC just got a new TV deal which pays about 7 million a school compared to the Big 12 which is around 32 million a year per school.
Posted On: Jun 12th 2019, 6:14 PM #386784

And that’s why a move to the AAC would make sense from a financial perspective we barely get $500k from our tv deal. The move won’t happen though unless UCF/USF go to a P5 conference. In which case I think we make the most sense as a replacement but OC40 is right. We have to start winning conference championships consistently and if we have an undefeated season, even if we didn’t play a P5 school (I think the 2021 schedule is set as such) it would help our stock because we would be talked about and ranked. C-USA is not a bad conference to be in given the history and tradition of the conference and budding rivalry with Marshall we can definitely make some noise in the polls if we’re a consistent winner but the problem is that we are not and given the Francois news, I don’t think that will change this year. 
Posted On: Jun 12th 2019, 7:35 PM #386786

If we go to the AAC because others leave the TV deal will drop. It is no different when we entered C-USA and the networks basically said, we made this deal based on team ABC being here not team XYZ.

Posted On: Jun 12th 2019, 7:56 PM #386788

Fair point. We just need to focus on winning honestly. Shane can you comment on what’s going on with Francois or is it safe to assume he won’t be with us this fall?
Posted On: Jun 12th 2019, 9:01 PM #386789

Francios is up in the air, but as Jake reported FAU confirmed nothing when he announced he was coming.

Back to the top

Shane told me that we might see some news from Romphf tonight...

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Back to the top

This is not a "decommit'' as he is opening his options incase on party decided to go the other way.

You this a lot with QB's commits when there is a coaching change.

Coaches usually have a guy in mind and you only take 1-2 a year, so it better be a fit.

I think Romph is a fit for what Taggart has done in the past.

We have seen Ole Miss and FSU QB commits "decommit'' today.
Back to the top

THE BIG reason Willie should not Coach the Bowl game is this - HE NEEDS TO HIT THE ROAD AND RECRUIT! If this kid is real good then most Coaches would immediately fly up there and visit to reinforce the love for this kid's game!
Back to the top

Woke up this morning and I'm still ok the the coaching hire. The world didn't end. Go willie!
Back to the top

Back to the top

Not a huge loss. Should take a qb in this class,  but the kid was not make or break from us. All the best to him and his family. Wish him luck at the next level. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Going to play for former FAU QB Coach Jeff Brohm at Purdue.

Back to the top

Rick said

Going to play for former FAU QB Coach Jeff Brohm at Purdue.

Posted On: Dec 18th 2019, 12:12 PM #392418

BUT not as a QB,, as an "athlete", going to being playing DB at Purdue. They also signed a 4* QB.

Sad to see him give up on his position dream already! That is what signing with the "BigBoys" can do to ya…
Back to the top
Control functions: