Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SEC and ACC commits expected at Shula Bowl

Add topic

A nice list of visitors for Saturday.

Lane Kiffin set for huge recruiting weekend
Back to the top

Good to see some defensive guys on the list, too. We should have lots of offensive talent back, but that saying about having to stop somebody to win championships still holds true. It just now you don't shut the other team down, you have to be able to limit big plays, hold people to FGs, and gets some TOs.  Would love to see a strong commit at all 3 levels for the D (line, LB, and CB/Safety). 
Back to the top

I am a big fan of the Bryce Oliver who i have seen play twice and he might be the best WR in Broward County and I would backflips if we got this kid.  He was hurt for most of the season so he flew a bit under the radar.

Dewitt at UCF is recruiting him hard.  

Gaskins, as stated in the article, is also a great player who if he just wanted football might be going to a big program, but it is hit or miss lets guys play two sports.

Has there ever been a football/ baseball player at FAU?
Back to the top

I was expecting a couple of 4* on there or is it too early for Kiffin to be attracting that kind of talent? Maybe after a couple of winning seasons and bowl games.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I was expecting a couple of 4* on there or is it too early for Kiffin to be attracting that kind of talent? Maybe after a couple of winning seasons and bowl games.
Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 1:28 PM #373437

I think as long Lane is here we will get a lot former 4 stars similar what he did this year. It’s always gonna be tough to pull those guys. 
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 1:28 PM #373437

Lane or not it is hard to pull 4* guys who have 10 P5 offers.

Stanley Gardner is a borderline 4-star guy who drew early interest from some really big programs, but they have pulled off a bit.
Back to the top

I'm curious to see how well Lane actually will be able to recruit 4 year high school recruits here.  The general consensus is that he will probably leave within a year or two.  May be a tougher task than most of us want to believe for long term recruits.  You know all the other coaches will be using the "why go play for a coach that will be gone in a year" angle to every recruit we talk to.   Hopefully he can sell the school and the programs potential well.  

Or he could also just say " hey it's actually pretty nice here, think ill stick around and build my own legacy and get my own statues here"

I'd prefer the latter.  😎
Back to the top

Coach K has basically said pulling highly rated HS recruits will be difficult and that is why he will recruit and take "last chances" with JUCOS and transfers. But we close out the season on a 10 game win streak............... :cool:
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I am a big fan of the Bryce Oliver who i have seen play twice and he might be the best WR in Broward County and I would backflips if we got this kid.  He was hurt for most of the season so he flew a bit under the radar.

Dewitt at UCF is recruiting him hard.  

Gaskins, as stated in the article, is also a great player who if he just wanted football might be going to a big program, but it is hit or miss lets guys play two sports.

Has there ever been a football/ baseball player at FAU?
Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 1:07 PM #373435

To my knowledge the only two sporter we’ve had was Avery Holley who was a basketball/football guy, he never panned out. Played one season of bball and kept getting hurt in football.

He was like the Broward County 6A athlete of the year, so frustrating 
Back to the top

Holley, that boys was on the small side if I remember correctly, but he was quick
Back to the top
Control functions: