Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TE Ishmar Commits

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: TE Ishmar Commits

awesome!!! I just hope he is a lot faster than 4.9
Back to the top

Good Size.

Dont care too much about his speed as he is being recruited as a TE. As long as he has good hands and can get to the ball hell be fine.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Good Size.

Dont care too much about his speed as he is being recruited as a TE. As long as he has good hands and can get to the ball hell be fine.
I disagree…We have always had fast TE's in our system because it creates mismatch problems Harmon, Grant, Housler, Williams all 4.6 and under guys and they do well because of this. I'll take a 4.5 guy with sub par hands (Housler) over one who cant get separation with great hands
Back to the top

owlmart said

I disagree…We have always had fast TE's in our system because it creates mismatch problems Harmon, Grant, Housler, Williams all 4.6 and under guys and they do well because of this. I'll take a 4.5 guy with sub par hands (Housler) over one who cant get separation with great hands

How many times did a wide open Housler cost us the game or stall out a drive because he didn't catch the ball?

We all wish we could get the kids that are the "total" package, (speed, size, talent) but often we get one that has only 2 of those. Harmon did have all three IMHO.

Id take size and talent over speed. I dont want one of these on FAU personally.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

owlmart said

How many times did a wide open Housler cost us the game or stall out a drive because he didn't catch the ball?

We all wish we could get the kids that are the "total" package, (speed, size, talent) but often we get one that has only 2 of those. Harmon did have all three IMHO.

Id take size and talent over speed. I dont want one of these on FAU personally.

All I'm saying is I hope the guy is faster than 4.9 we have no idea of how good a catcher he is
Back to the top

Yessssss!!  Being from Pasco County, I've seen this kid play.  He is as real as a football player can get.  God given talent with pure athleticism.  First time all Tampa Bay by St. Pete Times.  Great pick up by FAU!  Go Pasco County and go Owls! :)
Back to the top

TE Ishmar Commits

Sounds great, his numbers rushing and receiving are real good. Welcome to FAU and be proud to be an Owl!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Sounds great, his numbers rushing and receiving are real good. Welcome to FAU and be proud to be an Owl!

Well to be frank, the team's he played weren't too great.  (Land O' Lakes) Sunlake High, Land O' Lakes High, (St. Pete) Lakewood, and (Tampa) Jefferson were the only good teams they played this past season.  But still, on an extremly talented team, he was prolly the 3rd or 4th best player.  Another start from Pasco is going to Boise St.  So we might have gotten a steal here guys
Back to the top

I'll take hands over speed…one upon a time we had a TE Crissinger-Hill who didn't have much speed, but had a knack for getting open & had great hands.
Back to the top
Control functions: