Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2007 Football & Future Schedules

Add topic

Re: 2007 Football & Future Schedules

Welcome aboard AF Owl. I know a few of us are planning on going to Texas. I think that seems to be the big road game this season

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

AFOwl: You ought to be able to make the FAU at MTSU game next year and the Troy game the year after. They are within driving distance (as would FSU) for sure.
Back to the top

Bytor said

@ Texas
Sep 13, at Michigan State
Sep 20, at Minnesota
vs UAB
@Louisiana-Monroe
vs Troy
@ Western Kentucky
Vs Louisiana-Lafeyette
@ Middle Tennessee
@ Arkansas State
vs North Texas
vs Florida International

Angelos has said the Texas game will be August 30th… might want to update the thread to show the date.

"Response from Athletics Director Craig Angelos

We will release our schedule formally soon. It has been completed since September. We are currently scheduled to play at Texas on Saturday, Aug. 30, at Michigan State on Sept. 13 and at Minnesota on Sept. 20. I am not sure where the team is staying right now but we will show up at those sites on those days and play to win. We would love to have you join us there.

Craig"

Three away games to kick off the season. Ouch.
Back to the top

Could be three away games to start 2008. But maybe not. There's a date for the second week – Sept. 6 – that could be at home… That would mean at Texas Aug. 30, as-yet-unannounced opponent and location Sept. 6, at Michigan State Sept. 13 and at Minnesota Sept. 20. (You think Minnesota will be lying in wait for the Owls?)
Back to the top

It would be nice if we could play UCF 2009.. Since they apparently don't want to play USF anymore, they have a spot open.

UCF OOC 2009

9-5 @ Wisconsin
9-19 @ Texas
10-3 Miami FL
TBA Florida Atlantic????

FAU OOC 2009

9-5 @ Nebraska
TBA @ UAB
TBA @ UCF ????

That way we can at least put our money where our mouth is…unless we see them in New Orleans in 08 that is.

grayowl said

Could be three away games to start 2008. But maybe not. There's a date for the second week – Sept. 6 – that could be at home… That would mean at Texas Aug. 30, as-yet-unannounced opponent and location Sept. 6, at Michigan State Sept. 13 and at Minnesota Sept. 20. (You think Minnesota will be lying in wait for the Owls?)

If we beat Texas it would be nice to have that to have another opponent from the Sun-Belt to hit, but if we lose it would be nice to have a week off to prepare for Michigan State.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

It would be nice if we could play UCF 2009.. Since they apparently don't want to play USF anymore, they have a spot open.

i hate BOTH of those schools just about equally… i think USF is gravely overrated and i think UCF is an absolute joke…

but to be fair and be honest, it's USF that doesn't wanna play UCF anymore

nothing to gain and too much to lose… that's their reasoning

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

That is true, I mixed it up, USF doesn't want to play them…. I'd like to play Miami, USF, FSU, UF, and UCF all on sort of a rotating basis….we need fans at our stadiums and I think playing in-state schools is a great way to get those kinds of rivalries and sell-out crowds.  Especially when we get our delicious Bru's Room Stadium.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Did anyone ever pick up info on which two teams the Owls will play to fill out the 2009 schedule? As of now, only 10 games are listed. The two OOC games listed so far are @ Nebraska and @ UAB.
Back to the top

Nothing's been announced yet, but we do have our full slate of OOC games for 2010

FAU future schedule

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top
Control functions: