Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 Spring Roster & Depth Chart

Add topic

Re: 2010 Spring Roster & Depth Chart

2010 Spring Roster & Depth Chart

Rick said

Word is that the coaching staff is "not concerned"…

But I know you are smart enough to NOT buy in to this spin.  They cannot come out and say this is a problem.

I will.  This is a major major problem.

We will have the least experienced OL in the country.  I don't care what conference you are in, that fact does not add up to many wins…so being a sunbelt team AND having the least experienced OL has me feeling the worst I have felt going into the season since our inception.

I am extremely disappointed that we have allowed our entire OL to need to be replaced in one year.  It's not just losing Ryan, it's losing the entire line.  We are NOT a BCS team, we cannot replace that as easily.  It takes time (sometimes years), to get the OL working as a unit.

This will be our most ignored and understated problem this year as I have been stating even before Ryan decided to not return.

I really wish that people that say we will go bowling in 2010 would actually have some kind of argument to give any credibility to their statement, but alas, that will not happen.  A great strength coach is a much needed improvement.  Guess what, everyone has one.  That just gets us to where everyone else is right now.  We need something to get ahead.  A new stadium?  That will get us better recruits that will help us in 3 or 4 years.

Not saying we cannot go to a bowl, but hate to think it is because others are bad instead of us improving.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

Word is that the coaching staff is "not concerned"…

But I know you are smart enough to NOT buy in to this spin.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

;D
Back to the top

There are several reasons why, we will go bowling again. Reason one is because we will have a more experienced D. We only lost to ULM and Wyoming by two points. we have 9 letterman coming back and plenty more with experience. Further more we have a D coordinator that has something to prove, by this I mean he might be a tad more vicious.

Reason two is our offense has the best running back in the sunbelt coming back. This man was a phonon last year, he made touchdown by himself." That's why he is called OLD SCHOOL. He is a throw back to the day's of yester year. Blanchard is coming back also, we could have a possible thunder and lighting team on our hands. Willie Floyd will be in the mix also.

Third we have to factor in something call resolve. This team is in there best shape ever according to the players. This came from old fashion discipline. We have that on our side also. I'm not happy going into a season without an experienced O line, no one is. However I will not jump ship before it set sail. I'm with the players as they say," WE WILL GO BOWLING AGAIN IN TWENTY TEN". Spring football is one day closer in paradise. 8) 8)

T
Back to the top

burrowing said

There are several reasons why, we will go bowling again. Reason one is because we will have a more experienced D. We only lost to ULM and Wyoming by two points. we have 9 letterman coming back and plenty more with experience. Further more we have a D coordinator that has something to prove, by this I mean he might be a tad more vicious.

Reason two is our offense has the best running back in the sunbelt coming back. This man was a phonon last year, he made touchdown by himself." That's why he is called OLD SCHOOL. He is a throw back to the day's of yester year. Blanchard is coming back also, we could have a possible thunder and lighting team on our hands. Willie Floyd will be in the mix also.

Third we have to factor in something call resolve. This team is in there best shape ever according to the players. This came from old fashion discipline. We have that on our side also. I'm not happy going into a season without an experienced O line, no one is. However I will not jump ship before it set sail. I'm with the players as they say," WE WILL GO BOWLING AGAIN IN TWENTY TEN". Spring football is one day closer in paradise. 8) 8)

T

A large part of the success of the Running game last year thought WAS the Oline opening the holes and providing time for the plays to develop.

Old school Morris is a great back, and he will get his numbers, but its NOT going to be as easy as last year.

Im not givning up yet.

I can see a 7-5 or 8-4 season happening. Unforuntately I can also see a 5-7 and 4-8 season happening as well.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I can see a 7-5 or 8-4 season happening. Unforuntately I can also see a 5-7 and 4-8 season happening as well.

This is true for every season isn't it?  An injury here, a ball bouncing off a players helmet on a kickoff there…its a fine line between going 8-4 and 6-6.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Yup,

FAU was 11 points away across 3 games from being 8-4.

2 point loss to ULM
2 point loss to Wyoming
7 point loss to MTSU.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Yup,

FAU was 11 points away across 3 games from being 8-4.

2 point loss to ULM
2 point loss to Wyoming
7 point loss to MTSU.

I just don't buy that we were almost a bowl team.  We can spin the numbers if we want.  I went to every game.  WE were not a good team last year.  We did not win those close games because of a bounce here or there.  We lost because we were not the better team.  Sad to say.  We were closer to being the worst team in the country than we were to being a bowl team.  If we were almost a bowl team, then going to a bowl means absolutely nothing and I don't believe that.

Some think we will be great simply because we have Alfred.  Alfred Morris is an incredible player.  We went 5-7 with Alfred Morris and arguably the best OL in our history.

We may be awesome next year, I hope we are, but I just don't see it until I can actually see the team on the field in a game situation (not in a Spring practice), because I know there will be those that declare we are awesome after Spring practice.
Back to the top

Per FAU on DT Jarvis Givens:

"He is working out and doing rehab. He will be out with the team but on a limited basis."
Back to the top

Spring football is here! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)yea,yea! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Back to the top

Yep, and a grand day for it!

Be back later with some pics…….
Back to the top
Control functions: